Friday, April 30, 2010

My Grandma


My dad called to tell me my Grandma is in the hospital. She is having trouble with her sodium levels (which evidently is a VERY bad thing), and her heart rate has been dropping as low as 30 pretty often. The doctors are talking about having to put a pacemaker in, and I'm worried about her. She has been through SO much recently. Again, I'll refer back to an earlier post where "worry" is probably my biggest sin. So instead, I'll ask for your prayers for her. And of course, I'll keep praying too. I need to try go visit her this weekend at the hospital. I certainly don't see her often enough, especially since she only lives about an hour away. And I always Always have a "good enough" reason - (or excuse) as to why I don't go more often. "I'm so tired from work - David has to be at work & I've got to be here - I can't leave the dogs for very long - I need to clean the house"....you get the picture. But the picture that I need to get - & see for myself, is that I am truly blessed that my grandma is still here. And that she loves each & every one of her grandchildren, great grand children, and great-great grandchildren more than anything in the world. We all have pieces of her & her love for us all over our homes. Beautiful hand made quilts that I treasure, dishtowels & potholders & neck warmers & Christmas decorations & all sorts of odds n end things she's made for us over the years. And we take for granted that she's always there for us. And always will be. But she won't be here with us forever. And when something does happen to her, I won't be able to just jump in the car & drive down to see her. I won't always be able to pick up the phone & spend an hour talking to her about any & everything. So yes, a trip to Fayetteville is on the "To Do" list for this weekend. But until then...no worries...just prayers! me

No comments:

Post a Comment