Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Our Evening

The Crooked Hook turned out to be great! When we first walked in & I saw the buffet, I thought to myself, "man, they don't have very much food out there". But when we got our plates & went over, it was a different story. It's not a big buffet, like the Golden Corral, or Hibachi Grill, but what they have on it is awesome. There was fried (I'm just going to say "fried" one time, otherwise this will be a very long post) squash, okra, french fries, onion rings, hush puppies, corn fritters, zucchini, biscuits (yes, fried biscuits), catfish steaks, catfish fillets, crab legs, craw fish, shrimp (boiled too), scallops, stuffed crab, frog legs...OK, you get the picture. And it was really really good. The food tasted like what it was supposed to be, not just batter & grease. The buffet was $13.95 per person & that included drinks. They also had peach & apple cobbler with ice cream. And did I mention that you could order fried Alligator? You could - and David did! And it was really really good. I've had it before, actually I took it to a Christmas party at David's work one year. I cheated really, when I went in to buy the meat at a fish market in Pine Bluff, and talked to the lady about how to fix it, she offered to fry it all up for me & have it ready 1/2 hour before the party started. So I went to Dollar General & bought a bunch of Tupperware & paper towels, went by the fish market, & fixed it all up in the dishes & bought. Then, I told everyone I made it myself! HA! Anyway, the Crooked Hook gets 2 thumbs up.
Since we were all so full we were about to explode, I convinced David to stop at Lowe's. I'm getting ready to start working on my flower beds in front of the house (actually, David is paying Elvis to get to work on them), and I needed to know how much $$ this was gonna set us back. The plastic you lay down first...is $50 bucks all by itself. And I've still gotta decide if I want to go with mulch or those lava rock type things. I like the idea of the rocks, and I think they'll last a lot longer, my problem is Bam. He LOVES to eat rocks. He tries to dig the rocks out of our fireplace in the living room when we're not paying attention. And he EATS them! I'm scared he's gonna get one stuck & have to have surgery. So, no decision yet on that, but at least I know what we're looking at. And that's before I pick out any new shrubs or flowers! I am dangerous in Lowe's, let me tell you.
So, it looks like the kids are coming down this weekend. Eddy sold his Camaro to one of his buddies, and to make a long story short, they're going to come down & get it & tow it back to Kansas. He was trying to get leave approved, and I think he did. So, God willing, I will get to see my little Hunter Man soon! The kids send me pictures of him all the time on my phone, I'd love to download them to my computer, then put them on here, but I can't figure out how to get them from the phone the computer...we've discussed my lack of technical skills before, I'm sure.
Well, that's about all for now. I've got clothes in the washer & dryer, David fell asleep watching TV, the dogs need to go out ONE MORE time, and I still need to take a shower. So, til next time...me

No comments:

Post a Comment