Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Weekend Is Over

Well, the weekend is over - again. But for David, it's just started. I woke up at 7 this morning & was ready when he got home, so we went to the Centerton Cafe for breakfast. Then when we got home he HAD to lay down & sleep for a few hours. Remember that 3 is the magic number of hours I'm supposed to let him sleep, but today, for some reason, he just couldn't wake up.
Until Brittni showed up. With a car for him to look at that she was thinking about buying. It was a Z28 Camaro. Big Block car. All I kept saying was, "No, you'll wrap it around a tree", but David took a look at it, and even though he liked it too, he convinced her it wasn't the car she needed. She kept saying, "but Daddy, I want a car that goes, VaRoom!" (Yup, she'd wrap it around a tree). The motor wasn't mechanically sound, so she decided he was right. Afterwards, we picked Britt up at her apartment & went to the Hibachi Grill. LOVE THAT PLACE! Britt isn't much on Chinese food of any kind, but they have such a assortment on their buffet that we all got stuffed. Then, since we were in the Blazer, we just drove around, out by Lake Atlanta, and then on out to Beaver Lake by the 112 bridge. Brittni & I even got out & stuck our toes in the water. It is still way too cold, but we've all got lake fever. I'm ready to have David go bring the camper home so I can get it ready for this summer.
And while we drove, we talked. And, Brittni is seriously considering moving back home while she goes back to school. And we couldn't be happier. It just makes sense. There is no reason for her to go to school full time, AND try keep a full time job, just to make rent & utilities. If she lives here, she'll just need to make enough for her gas money, books, and a little extra for her own personal things. AND, it school gets too hard, she wouldn't have to work at all! That of course, is the momma in me, trying to make it all make sense to her. Now, it's up to her. Hmmm...wish I had a little more control over my grown daughter than I actually do! me

No comments:

Post a Comment