Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Haircut, and Shopping for SHOES!

So, tonight didn't really turn out exactly as I had it planned in my head. I got home from work & fixed all of us chicken quesidillas - since David had to leave for work at 6. Brittni & I have been planning all week for her to come over & us go get my hair cut & hers highlighted. The kink in my plans started when Brittni called & said if I wanted her to go, I'd have to come pick her up. Jeramiah had to be at work at 6, and she didn't get off from Subway (in Bella Vista) until 5. So, no big deal, right? Then, while I was helping David get ready for work, he asked me what my plans were. I told him I needed the truck tonight, I was picking Brittni up & we were getting our hair done, and pedicures. And he said....."Did you ask Elvis if he wanted to go?" what????? No, I didn't. It never e.v.e.r. occurred to me that a man would want to go with 2 women to get their hair done. (would it occur to ANYONE?) Anyway, I told David that no, I hadn't asked him, he wouldn't want to go. So David encouraged me to be polite & ask. I went in to the living room & told Elvis that David was making me be nice & invite him to go with us to get our hair done. And do you know what he said? He said "Sure! I'd LOVE to go. I can get out & see the town". so he did. We did manage to get my hair cut & styled. And the stylist DID convince me I needed some $20 shampoo to make my hair shiny & silky & look like it's 18 again. We did NOT get Brittni's highlights-it was too late. We did NOT get pedicures...it seems like nail salons close at 7 or 8 around here. I also managed to finally find not only a pair of black, but also a pair of brown dressy sandals for work...and it was BOGO at Payless, so that was even better! We also had quad shots at Starbucks during the haircut, which explains why I'm blogging at 10:00 on a Thursday night. Three hours later...THREE HOURS later, we are back at home. Elvis....he's in bed asleep. And I bet you next time I ask him if he'd like to go with us to run & get a haircut - he'll think twice about it! He's probably never seen crazy, like he saw tonight being cooped up in a car with me & Brittni! ha ha! me

No comments:

Post a Comment