Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday

It's Sunday....the weekend is winding down. Yesterday & last night was all about me trying to get the house cleaned up, laundry done, grocery shopping...and shampooing the carpets - again. And today, well, all but two loads of laundry are done. Carpets are shampooed & looking beautiful, and David and I have been online researching bark collars of all things. You see, these two lovely Labs of ours, like to bark - alot! I keep waiting for there to be a knock on our back door, and it be one of our neighbors kindly, or not so kindly-asking us to please PLEASE do something about these barking dogs of ours! Oh the joys of living in a subdivision. One solution, I believe, would be to finish up the privacy fence. Then I could just open the door, let them out & they could run. But - I'm not very privacy fence savvy....and all I can see is dollar signs when I think about it. And work. LOTS of work. So, the next, more affordable solution, seems to be a citrus bark collar. Of course there are plenty to choose from, ranging from $30 to $100. Remember, we have 2 dogs that need these. So, as of right now, no decision has been made - but- we are working on it.
Next, JBU is PAID IN FULL! Thank you Jesus! And Brittni has her transcripts in hand. I am assuming this week will be filled with her visiting NWACC and possibly the U Of A. And paperwork. And decisions. And lots of excitement about it all! I've known all of Brittni's life that she was meant to be THE ONE to graduate from college. To get a degree. I didn't know what she'd go to school to do or be, but I KNEW she'd go to school. Now she's just 2 years away from being a TEACHER and we couldn't be more proud. No word yet on if she's decided to move back in. Lately, she's been leaning toward not. She says she can't go from being a "grown up" back to being a "kid", and I get that, I guess.
Eddy got all four of his wisdom teeth cut out on Thursday. And he's been wanting his momma. He's texted, called, sent me pictures, begging me to come up & take care of him. I wish I could, I really do. But, he has a wife for that, and I have a job, and a husband that works nights, and it just didn't work out where I could go. He's still feeling bad. Says his mouth is STILL numb. I think tomorrow he needs to call the dentist & make sure they don't need to take a look at him. And, just about the time he heals up & is better, Desiree gets hers cut out! So, it's alot for the two to go through alone, with no family to help out with Hunter. Kim (Des' mom), came up Friday & spent the night, but she had to leave at 11:00 yesterday. Not much visit time, for a 10 hour round trip drive. But at least she got to go see them.
Well, that's about all for now. I put the dogs out before I started this, and even though the neighbors haven't showed up yet, if I don't go get them, they will! ME

No comments:

Post a Comment