Friday, April 30, 2010

An EARTHQUAKE in Centerton, Arkansas

Yes, the title to my post is correct. We had an EARTHQUAKE in Centerton, Arkansas! It happened about 10:45 a.m. yesterday, Thursday 4/29/10. And I MISSED IT! Can you believe it? David was at home, asleep of course, and he slept right through it. BUMMER! I really wish it would've waited about 30 minutes & happened while I was getting out of my truck to go inside at lunch. But alas, it did not. So unfortunately, there's not much to report, except to report that we had an earthquake. The following was taken from the 40/29 News website. (Yes, I just wanted to document this for the future).
"The US Geological Survey confirmed Thursday afternoon that a 2.5 magnitude earthquake rattled Benton County about 10:45 a.m. Thursday. NWA Regional Airport Administrator said they felt it, and bottles fell off shelves at the airport's fire station. The Arkansas Geological Service said this is the first recorded earthquake in Benton County history. One caller to 40/29 said the sounds lasted over a minute, and that it sounded like a sonic boom."
Again, there's not much to report about this, other than it IS kinda creepy, don't you think? me

1 comment:

  1. Whoa....yes, it is kind of creepy, especially when people report hearing booms? That must be the earth's plate moving against eachother causing the earthquake. My goodness, but we do live on an unstable earth,hm?

    ReplyDelete