Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The kids are back in Kansas

It's Tuesday morning and I'm sitting here at my desk, procrastinating about starting to work. I just couldn't help wanting to catch up with myself here on my blog. To start with, the kids have made it safely back home. And yes, I miss them terribly already. I went home at lunch yesterday to say goodbye to them, and cried all the way back to work. I don't know what's worse, them leaving on a Sunday afternoon, and poor David having to put up with me for the rest of the day crying & all upset, or, like yesterday, getting up before they do, leaving & going to work, then running home at lunch to get my Hunter-man fix (yes, he's like crack to me!), then saying goodbye, knowing they'll be gone when I get home later that day. Anyway, yesterday when I went home, I threw on some lipstick & had David take a few pictures of me & Precious, because I've realized that I don't have many of us. LOTS of David & Hunter, and Boogie & Hunter, and of course him with his mommy & daddy. But not so many of me with him. So we fixed that. I've also realized that if the picture is taken with the camera a little bit higher, pointing down at me/us, I don't have seventeen chins! HA! Anyway, Sunday was one of those days that will stay with me for a long long time. David got home from work, I fixed him & Elvis breakfast, then we watched TV for a while. Remember, Kim had the baby, so I couldn't go kidnap him & play with him all morning like I wanted to. David finally had to get some sleep, so he took a nap. When he got up, the kids had Hunter home, Brittni was there, we all just had a good time together. Me & Brittni ran to Harps & I bought some Martha Harp's fried chicken, with coleslaw, mac salad, potato salad, baked beans & rolls for dinner- yes, I slaved hard in the kitchen to feed everybody - NOT. Then we ran by the video store & rented Avatar & Hachiko. We all sat down & ate. Brittni filled out applications for both the U of A & NWACC. I'm pulling for NWACC, but either way, she'll be back in school. David got to play with Hunter til his heart was content. It was just awesome. I love it when my entire family is together. It makes my heart happy. Anyway, last night when I got home, I made David & Elvis Pina Coladas & Hurricanes for me. We ordered pizza and watched Avatar. About half way through it I looked over & realized Elvis & David were both SOUND ASLEEP! (Guess the drinks were a little too strong - ha!) I finished Avatar & then we went to bed. Early! I didn't even clean up the kitchen. And yes, I regretted it this morning. But, I think we were just tired from a full weekend. Today...now...I've got to get to work! I'm ahead on the Cancun contest, but still need $8000 dollars to hit it. I've got my work cut out for me, for sure. me

No comments:

Post a Comment