Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Houseguest, and a Thief!

So I know the title to this post sounds like my house guest is a thief, but that is not at all what I mean! First I'll start with the house guest. A friend of David's from elementary, then high school, is staying with us. He actually was at Dwayne's house, and Dwayne called to tell us he was there so David could go see him while he was in town. Turns out, he wasn't "in town" visiting. He had come up here to try get a job, and basically, start his life over...at 40! He actually hitchhiked to Northwest Arkansas from Nocona Texas! To say he is a true cowboy...is an understatement. He hitch-hiked up here...get this, in his cowboy boots, cowboy hat, with a saddle on his shoulder, and a red heeler dog named "Rope" that has a red bandanna around his neck! It's great! Anyway we went out to Dwayne's last night to see him, and he needed rescuing from there. Dwayne lives out in the sticks. Like 20 miles from the nearest gas station. And Elvis (yes, his name is Elvis!) couldn't exactly find a job or anything way out there. So, we brought him home. Elvis is like family to David, so he jumped at the chance to be able to help him any way he could. And he's helping us too. As I type this there is a shirt-less cowboy mowing our lawn! Ha! Anyway, keep him in your prayers, that David can help him get his license back, find a job, and land on his feet.
Now, on to the "Thief" part of this post. I went home for lunch today, and made myself and David ham sandwiches. David took his & went & sat down, and I had to run to the restroom. I left my sandwich sitting on my kitchen stove where I'd prepared it, on a paper plate. When I went back into the kitchen to get said delicious sandwich, all that was left was one piece of bread with a little mustard on it! I took the plate & piece of bread to David & asked him if he had any idea what happened. He looked over at Boogie, who was laying down beside him....licking the mustard off her lips! Lesson to be learned here: Boogie is big enough to stand up on her back legs, and grab & eat ANYTHING anywhere on my cabinets & stove. The bad news was, that was the last of the ham...and cheese...and I had to settle for a microwaved hot dog instead! me

No comments:

Post a Comment