Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Saturday

What a day! I woke up at 6:30 this morning, let the dogs out, drank my coffee, watched the news. Typical morning. David got home from work & I fixed him and Elvis some breakfast. Then, when David went to lay down, I decided I'd go lay down with him. You know, spend a little time with him, watch a little TV, then get back up & do laundry, that kind of thing. WRONG. I think I fell asleep before he did. And he'd just got home from a 12 hour shift! In my defense, I did end up watching a marathon of Criminal Minds last night & didn't go to sleep until about 2. Anyway, I slept until David woke up at 3 this afternoon! Crazy huh?
I called my dad & he said Grandma wasn't doing too good. They think she has congestive heart failure. So I called Brittni & invited her to go with me. I left as soon as David left for work. I had to go pick Brittni up, then we went to Flowerama & bought Grandma a flowering plant, get well balloon, and a card and headed to Fayetteville. When we got there my dad & Debbie were there, as well as my Aunt Barb. My grandma was SO surprised & so happy to see me & Brittni. She loved the flowers & everything, but her favorite thing we brought was some pictures of Hunter-man we printed out to take to her! He is her great great grandson. Grandma couldn't breathe very well, and she talked in a whisper, but she was just so glad we were there. We stayed about an hour and so did everyone else. It was just nice to sit around with family & talk & I know my grandma enjoyed it. She had stories of her own she told too! But since we all knew she needed her rest, we all headed out about 8:30 or so. Except my aunt Barb, I think she was waiting for my Aunt Bev to get there to stay with Grandma for the night.
After we left we stopped & got a pizza & took it up to David at his work. Then we came home & Brittni vacuumed, dusted, swept & mopped everything for me! I always bribe her to help me whenever I get the chance. It's win-win for both of us though, I get help cleaning the house & she gets an extra $20 or more of spending money.
Jeramiah came & picked her up just a little while ago. So....even though I still have a load of clothes in the washer & one in the dryer, I'm about to head to bed. I've got all day tomorrow to finish that! me

No comments:

Post a Comment