Sunday, May 23, 2010

Update on my grandma

My grandma is getting worse every day. Today the doctor came in & talked to her about authorizing a DNR. He told her she just has SO much going on, he needed to know if her heart stopped, or if she stopped breathing, what her wishes were. She told him she did not want to be kept alive on a machine, and if that happened, to let her go. She is so very weak. And getting weaker every day. I went up last night & stayed for about an hour and a half with my dad. Tonight, as soon as David left for work, I went & picked up Brittni & we headed out to my grandma & Aunt Bev's house. We met Bev out there & tried to help her do a few of the things she hasn't been able to do since she's been at the hospital with Grandma practically 24/7. We did some laundry, vacuumed, swept, did dishes, cleaned out the refrigerator, took out the trash....just little things like that. It didn't take me & Pudge long at all, and Bev had to get back to the hospital. But we did what we could, then ran by the hospital to check on Grandma & kiss her goodnight. She looked worse to me tonight, than she did last night (if that's possible). Then I had to call Eddy & let him know that she's not getting better. Poor baby, he feels so far away, and so helpless up there. I know it's hard on both my kids....me too! My grandma has been there all our lives. Hopefully, she'll come out of this & be okay. She's the sweetest/toughest woman I know! Please keep praying for her. me

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your precious grandma. I will praying for her and for you and your family.
    I was never close to my grandmas but I remember well when my sweet mama's health went into decline during her last few weeks. It is so difficult but we just have to love them and enjoy them while we have them with us.
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete