Wednesday, May 5, 2010

TMTTT (Or-Too Much To Try Title)

I honestly don't know WHERE TO START! Oh my goodness, what a crazy couple of days! I guess I should just start at the beginning. You'll remember that David & Elvis went down to check on Big David Monday morning. Which meant that me & Bam had the whole house to ourselves for a couple days. Work was crazy hectic...I am trying so very hard to win that trip to Cancun. I'm not sure, but I may actually be "trying too hard" - I've been known to do that. To just push out phone call after phone call & not slow down and take my time with each individual dealer that might be interested. So today, I tried really hard to change that. Not sure if it did any good, but I guess we'll know in a week. If I'm running around freaking out trying to find a swimsuit that looks good on a obviously I didn't win. But don't worry. The depression will only last until the next contest starts! (And my company LOVES to motivate us, so it won't be too long!)
David got home last night about 7:00. I of course had dinner fixed. I don't know who was more excited to see him, me or Bam. It seems Bam suffers from separation anxiety and he would not get two feet away from me the whole time David was gone. When I'd go to the bathroom he'd sit outside the door & cry until I came out. Poor baby. We finished dinner & started watching American Idol when my friend Terri started texting me. We "talked" for a little bit about her being bored, and about the time I asked her if she wanted to come over, the doorbell rang & it was her! Let me just say that it's been a long long time since we've just hung out with her away from work. And when David & Terri get together, the alcohol always comes out. So last night it was margaritas for Terri, hurricanes for Tammy & whiskey & coke for David. Before we knew it it was already midnight & we were slightly intoxicated! But we had SO much fun laughing and cutting up & it was so relaxing. Of course, I didn't feel relaxed this morning but I guess that is the price you have to pay when you're my age & out of practice!
Today started off normal. But around 9 Eddy called. I've mentioned that my grandma is in the hospital & very sick. Eddy has asked his Sergeant if he could come home for the weekend to see her. He told Eddy he'd have to get "Red Cross Verification". Which I found out, meant that a family member has to contact the Red Cross, notify them of the situation, get them information on your soldier, and they "verify" the illness, or emergency or whatever is true. Then the R.C. contacts the commanding officer & they decide whether or not your soldier can come home. Guess what???? It was approved! And they are leaving at midnight TONIGHT to come home for 9 whole days! It ended up that they let him take some of his leave so....THANK YOU JESUS!
All day today, I thought that David had to be at work at 9. I was so tired when I got home I slipped my shoes off & tried to sneak into bed with him to take a nap. Thank goodness that woke him up, because had to be there at 7! So I fed him, gave him a quick hair cut & got him out the door. He works til 3, so I don't have to wake up & have breakfast ready for him before I go to work tomorrow.
My plans for tonight were simple. I was going to kick back in David's recliner, have the remote control all to myself & watch TV til I was ready for bed. But alas, that was not to be. I got a phone call at 8:00 from one of Big David's ex-wives (or girlfriends, or whatever she is) and she said that Big David was in the hospital! I assured her she didn't know what she was talking about, because David just left Stuttgart yesterday afternoon, and although his dad wasn't feeling great, he certainly wasn't on his deathbed. But when she said "I KNOW David & Elvis were down there yesterday, but LISTEN TO ME -he took himself to the hospital this morning & he's had a heart attack!" (Let me give you a glimpse into Tammy's brain right here)....
Elvis...Elvis?? She KNEW Elvis was with David? Oh S#*t! Then SHE'S talked to Big David since we have! Oh no! David's dad is in the hospital? Crap! I've got to call David! Wait - should I call David, or call the hospital first? Maybe she's wrong. How many days should I pack for? Will it all fit in one bag? What about work? I'll call Terri later. What about David's work? Will they let him take off? Well, it doesn't matter, it's his DAD! Bam - Boogie - WHO's going to watch the dogs? Elvis isn't here. I'll probably need to load the kennels & take them with me. Will they be ok in the parking lot at the hospital? What if someone steals them! Will David want me to pack & pick him up at his work? David....David?? Holy hell - I haven't called David!
And THAT is yet another glimpse into my head. Scary huh? Anyway, I did call David. Then I called the hospital, while David tried to call his Dad. We both confirmed that yes, he IS in the hospital. But, what happened was he took one of his friends to his doctors appointment today, and told the doctor his chest had been hurting. With his history of heart problems, his doctor admitted him & are going to run some tests tomorrow. So yes, it IS a bad thing. But, until we know more, we're just going to sit tight. And pray.
Brittni added her own little bit of chaos into our day today too! David had sent her to get her front end aligned since she's got new tires. But they came out & told her they would not align the front end unless she replaced the front & rear tie rod ends. Grand total? $768. How much did we PAY for the car? The whole car? $800! You do the math. Solution: Do NOT repair old worn out piece of crap car....look for newer old worn out car for Brittni. It's on our "to do" list.
After that phone call, I was all worked up, so I decided to clean the house again from top to bottom. My Hunter man is going to be here in just a few hours & I'm O.C.D & always want everything to be just perfect. Desiree & Eddy will be here too, and of course I'm just as excited to see them as I am the baby! ;-)
Now that I'm on the subject of Eddy, there is something big I want to post about, but, I think I may wait until I am 100% sure. I'm not intentionally leaving everyone hanging, but it is a life changing event, and it will effect everyone that knows & loves Eddy, Desiree & Hunter. So, all that being said...how's that for a cliffhanger? me

No comments:

Post a Comment