Friday, May 28, 2010

Part 2 of "Rundown of the weekend/week"

Wednesday I had to take off from work. Brittni & I had an appointment at the U of A to set her schedule. (I didn't realize that's what she was doing, or I probably wouldn't have went) except that I want to support her going back to school every way I can. We had to park a looong way from where our appointment was at Old Main and walk up the hill to get there. It was about 85 degrees & very humid & I thought I was going to die. We fed the meter every coin we had in the truck, which bought us an hour. We got back to the truck in about an hour and 5 minutes...and I had a $20 parking ticket on my windshield. Aaarggh! Then I had to come home & get a bunch of paperwork ready to take to my new tax accountant, so he can help us get this whole tax mess taken care of. I have a LOT of work to do getting stuff he needs, and he gave me 2 weeks to get it done & back to him. Lots of things he asked me about I didn't even know the answers to, about the trucks, drivers, IFTA, things like that. Guess what David's statement was when I told him how the appointment went? He said, "Well, you can work on all that on the nights I have to work!" Great! Just great.
Thursday was a crummy day. Eddy called at 6 am & David had just fallen asleep. Of course he couldn't go back to sleep, and I had to go to work. The good - no GREAT thing about that day, was that the kids came home. Just for the holiday weekend. They've gotta be back in Kansas Monday night. They were supposed to be here when I got home from work today, and spend a little time with David before he had to go to work at 9. BUT - other things came up, and they ended up spending the night with Kim tonight. So that left me home alone & feeling pretty sorry for myself. David caught on real quick to my mood, and suggested that I go shopping for Cancun. I told him I wasn't really in the mood to shop (you know sometimes you like to just mope around & feel sorry for yourself), so he asked me to go buy him some new dress shoes for work (he forgot his good pair & left them down at his dads last time he went). So off I went to look for mens shoes. But - he knew what he was doing, and I ended up coming home with a new pair of capri's, 3 new shirts, and - and.....a BATHING SUIT!!!! It's not perfect. But, I actually kinda sorta like it. Of course, I'm not going to take the tags off or anything until I've looked around & made sure it's the best I can find...but - it's not too bad. I realize that the suit itself can't alter the body...no suit is going to make me look like Cindy Crawford. All this is not to say that I didn't try on several, but, I'm happy with the one I chose. We leave in less than a month, and I haven't even started tanning. The clubhouse was closed by the time I got done shopping. So, I'll try again tomorrow. Tanning is VERY important to me. Like I've always said, "Tan fat looks better than white fat"...if you don't believe me, try a mental picture of....BACON! ;-) me

No comments:

Post a Comment