Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Weekend & Kids Visit...Is over!

My how the time flies. The kids left on Sunday morning. They invited us to go out to breakfast with them & Des' mom Kim. As much as we would have loved to go, I had to step back & realize that Kim gets so little time with them compared to us, and I know if I was in her shoes, I'd be a bit upset if I had to share them on the rare times they get together. So we graciously declined. When they all left, I had a little mini-breakdown. (I usually do, but this was worse than normal). I think it's just knowing that could have been the last time Eddy stayed at the house before he leaves for Iraq. I think it was knowing that was for sure the last time he got 2+ weeks at home before he goes to Iraq. It was the last time I got to see him & Hunter all cuddled up on my couch. Crap....I'll stop now. This isn't what this post is supposed to be about. David, as usual was my hero, he convinced me just to cuddle up next to him & relax for a while, while he told me it'd all be okay. Next thing I knew, I was waking up feeling 100% better from my little power nap. Sunday afternoon we went on our little shopping spree for David. Remember, it's business casual at Transplace. We started at Kohl's. They had a ton of stuff on clearance & we took advantage of it. Plus, my friend Sherry works there & she gave us a killer discount at the register! Then we went to Gordman's - not much of a selection, but we did end up buying a pair of slacks. Next, we made the mistake of going to Dillards....don't worry, we walked right out of there. Evidently, they don't have sales or clearance racks there. Finally, we finished up at Penney's. We've just about decided that's the place to be for Big & Tall selection, not to mention, they have a fat girls section just for me! I bought a few shirts for myself too! CUTE! Anyway, we came home & together we took all the tags off everything & hung all his new work clothes up in one of our spare bedrooms. I have all his work stuff in there now, so it'll be easy & convenient for him to get ready every afternoon while I'm still at work. This will be brand new for us, this new schedule. For the first week, he goes in from 3:30 til 11:30. So the plan is, I take the truck to work, come home at lunch, he takes me back & goes to work. Then I get a ride home from Amy, Leann or Sherry every day. I guess I'll have to get used to him not being there when I get home, or go to bed. In my head....I'll have all the time in the world to keep the laundry done, house spotless, have a nice cooked meal on the stove, well, you get the picture. Now, let's just see if it works out that way! me

No comments:

Post a Comment