Thursday, March 25, 2010

Breakfast In Bed!

For those of you that don't know this, I've been married for almost 23 years. What's more, David & I have "been together" since I was 13 & he was 14. That is a very long time. We've spent well over half our lives together. But something happened yesterday morning - and again this morning, that has never ever happened before. David fixed ME breakfast in bed! Yes! That is what I said. This is just another bonus to him working nights & us trying to adjust to his new schedule. He stays up all night - even on the nights he doesn't work, because he can't stay in sync any other way. So about 5:30 a.m. he sneaks off to the kitchen & fixes breakfast & for the past 2 mornings, he's brought my coffee & breakfast to me in bed. Amazing. And SO thoughtful & sweet. Yesterday we had biscuits & gravy, bacon & eggs (over-easy). This morning it was scrambled eggs & toast. Tomorrow morning it will be my turn, because he works 7 to 7 tonite. But that's ok. I figure I can cook on Fri, Sat & Sun mornings & have it ready when he walks in the door. Then on Mon, Tues, Wed & Thurs...those can be HIS days! Hmmmm....somehow, I think I got the better end of the stick there, don't you? Oh - and guess what else? Turns out, he's a pretty good cook after all! ;) me

No comments:

Post a Comment