Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Again!

Well, I made it to Friday again! Thank God! Work today was long...and not very productive. This whole week hasn't been very productive for me on the sales side of things. I resort back to my same excuse - post contest burnout. However, starting Monday, I'm gonna have to get after it. My next check, the one I'll get 2 weeks from today, is looking pretty pitiful. Thank goodness David has this new job. And thank goodness he gets paid on the Friday's I don't. That will help - a lot!

I just finished shampooing the carpets. David's at work, so I had the house to myself, and time to move all the main furniture & get to work. Of course, I had to vacuum first, and with this Rainbow "cleaning system" I have, it is a LOT of work! It took me forever. And I know you're wondering why on earth I needed to shampoo my carpets when just a few weeks ago Stanley Steamer was here - so let me tell you. One word. BAM! Nope, still don't have the little monster house trained. It would help if I paid a little more attention - well, not attention really. But, I know what works, and I'm not consistent with it. I have to take him out alone. I can't take Boogie and/or Lady out with him. Otherwise he just plays plays plays & won't go. Then I bring him in, thinking he must not have to go, and presto! He'll disappear somewhere when I'm not looking & do his business. Aaargh! It drives me c.r.a.z.y. The other thing that works is leaving him in his kennel, then taking him straight out, by himself & walking him around on his leash until he goes. But I hate keeping him in his kennel when I'm home. He stays in it in the daytime alot while David is asleep. I don't know. I'm sure we'll get it soon, he's getting better - sorta.

Next: Brittni is no longer working at Toyota. Subway offered her a managers position & her own store. (Of course they did, and less than a week after she gave them her notice to cut back her hours). Anyway, today she officially got her own Subway to manage. Congratulations Pudge! I know she'll do a great job. I just wish it wasn't all the way in Bella Vista. Not even the one on 71, it's the one up in the Highlands area. A lot farther for her to drive, especially late at night. But here I go doing the worry thing again - oops. God is in control - God is in control. He's got this!

You may remember that Eddy & Desiree' & Hunter-man are/were supposed to be coming next weekend for Easter. Well, that may not happen now. It seems that Eddy missed some kind of "briefing"about how any time any one is going to be outside a 40 mile radius of Ft. Riley they needed to let their Sergeant or someone know. Since he missed it, he didn't notify anyone on base about his plans to come home last weekend. And they stayed an extra day here & blamed it on the snow. So, when they got home, Eddy kinda got in trouble. Now he has to fill out some kind of request any time they want to come home, and get it approved. So he filled out his request, submitted it, and they DENIED it! Can you believe it? They said something about it being an awfully long drive just to come home for a couple of days. They either don't know, or don't care that they come home almost every other weekend. Whether we/I bribe them & pay for their gas, or they come on their own - they come home. They are so homesick up there. They don't know anyone, they're all alone with a new baby, it's just the 3 of them, and all their family is here. And they're telling him it's not worth it to come home? They don't realize those trips are what keeps them going(and keeps me sane for that matter!). His only other option is to "officially" request to use some of his actual leave time. And even then there is no guarantee they'll approve it & let him come. Go figure, Hunter's first Easter, and they may not get to be here. We had planned to all go to church & then have Easter dinner at Brenda's (David's mom). David knows how important it is to me (it's important to him too), so we've tossed around the idea of going up there. It's just that he won't get home til 7:30 am Easter morning, it's a 5 1/2 hour drive, so we wouldn't get there in time to go to church, and unless I take Monday off on vacation, we'd just have to turn around & leave within a couple of hours so I could get back to go to work Monday. Who knows? We'll just have to see. But - even though I'm trying not to think about it...this whole Army thing, well, it just STINKS! me

No comments:

Post a Comment