Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Crazy Days

I must start this off by saying that David's new job/work schedule is not fun for me! Now don't get me wrong. I am NOT complaining about his job, or the fact that he landed this awesome job. It is EXACTLY what we'd prayed for. Finding work in this economy is not easy for anyone. So I want to take that off the table completely. I AM NOT COMPLAINING! (But let me vent for a moment, please). This week his schedule is different. VERY different. Last week, he worked from 3:30 til 11:30. I went to work, came home at lunch, he brought me back to work, I got a ride home, he came home around midnight. Believe it or not, I was kinda lonely at home all by myself. I came home to an empty house-(unless you count 3 dogs), I didn't make dinner (no need to, it was just ME), I watched TV & then went to bed. This week, THIS WEEK, (so far anyway, it HAS only been one day) is different. David needs to sleep during the day. So I bring the truck to work, at lunch, I pick us up something, run home, eat lunch with my hubby, come back to work, leave at 4:30, then I get to spend a little time with him before he has to leave at 6:30. Sounds OK, right? WRONG. Yesterday when I got home, he needed me to cut his hair. Now in all fairness, he'd asked me to do it 15 times this past weekend, but, being the procrastinator that I am, I did not. So, when I walked in the door, my sweetie handed me a fresh cup of coffee & said, "let's just sit down & relax for a few minutes & have our coffee together, then you can cut my hair". So we did. And I did. And then I realized that my husband was probably STARVING because a single cheeseburger & small fries from Braum's 6 1/2 hours ago, wasn't gonna hold him for another eight or nine hours! So I commenced to making a quick dinner of tuna patties & some vegetables. In the midst of all that, BAM - or Chaos as I affectionately call him & should have officially named him, decided to create all kinds of havoc in the kitchen & living room. He stays under my feet at all times. He chews & bites & pulls on whatever shoes I'm wearing, my pants legs, you name it. He needed to go outside, but it was pouring down rain, and he seems to have some type of aversion to rain. To make a long story short, yesterday afternoon was crazy. I promised David while he was trying to scarf down his dinner that today, this afternoon, would not be so unorganized & hectic. Hmmmm...not so sure about that now.
David has a doctors appointment in Siloam Springs at 3:30 today. For those of you that don't know, waaaaay back in 1989 David had a horrible car accident. He lost sight completely in his left eye, and somehow, the way they stitched it up, his eyelashes in that eye grow inward. So, for the past 21 years, every day...EVERY SINGLE day, we have this routine where I hold the flashlight into a magnifying mirror & he pulls out all the lashes that are growing in. It's pretty painful for him, not to mention just a pain in the ass period. So we have an appointment today to see if they can laser his eyelid where his lashes won't grow in there. I am VERY excited about it for him. I hope it works out.
By the time we get done there today, and make it back home, it'll be time to hurry hurry hurry & rush, rush, rush to get around & get him off to work. So much for my promise of organized & peaceful, huh?
The GREAT side of yesterday was that Brittni came over last night. She brought all her laundry & ate dinner with me. Then we rented Couples Retreat & just hung out & talked and watched the movie. It was pretty funny. But mostly I enjoyed just spending that quality time with my baby girl. She has grown up so much since she moved out. She's such a beautiful young lady and we are so proud of her. She also seems to be in love, and thinks Jeremiah is "the one". David and I are working on accepting that. We have to trust her & her judgement. And if Brittni loves him, we've got to look past all our concerns, and see in him, what she sees in him. No one is good enough for her in our eyes. The poor guy doesn't stand a chance - huh? Anyway, David invited him to go fishing with him in the next couple of weeks. He's going to try spend some one on one time with him & get to know him a little better. Who knows, they may become best buddies - but - I'm not holding my breath! me

No comments:

Post a Comment