Monday, March 8, 2010

We DID go to the lake!

Yesterday around 11 we decided to take Bam & Boogie to the lake for a little fun in the sun & some desperately needed exercise. Beaver lake is down right now, but that didn't stop us. Boogie acted like she was a dock dog. I just loved the way David would throw the bumper & she'd launch off the dock after it. I got some good video, but of course, haven't downloaded it from my camera yet. Bam, he was another story. He just didn't seem to like the water very much yet. I know he's only 9 weeks old. And Boogie was a little intimidated by the water as well at that age, but I secretly hoped he'd dive right in. We'll have to work on that. This summer, it'll be easier because I can be in the water with him & call him out to me. That's what we did with Boogie last year & now she is a water maniac!
Afterwards we stopped by Brittni's for a few minutes. We haven't been to her apartment in forever. And when David suggested it, I couldn't resist an unannounced drop in to just check & make sure everything was okay over there. It was, of course, and now I feel much better.
We got home & ordered a pizza and then watched Nascar. Let me change that to, David watched Nascar while I napped. We pretty much lazed around for the rest of the day/evening.
David's hours at work change again today. This week he works from 7pm until 3am. Monday thru Friday. So, I quietly got up this morning, had my coffee & cigarette in the living room while I watched the news, I let Bam play for awhile, then got ready & snuck out. I'll grab us some lunch & take it home, then I'll bring the truck back, leave at 4:30 & get to spend an hour or so with him this afternoon before he has to leave for work. There won't be any waiting up for him this week though. I imagine he'll just be falling asleep about the time I have to get up for work! Speaking of waking up...I am losing my mind. I woke up at 6 on the dot this morning & couldn't go back to sleep. This is not like me at all! I can fall asleep on a dime. And I HATE HATE HATE having to wake up. But lately, my body is betraying me. They say the older you get, the less you sleep & the earlier you wake up. Hmmm....is this a sign? Hope not! me

2 comments:

  1. Do you think it could have anything to do with the NAPS you've been taking?????
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm....could be-could be! :)

    ReplyDelete