Thursday, March 18, 2010

My First Night Alone

So tonight is David's first night to work a twelve hour shift. He went in at 7pm, and comes home at 7am. This will be the first night I actually have to spend the night by myself. The WHOLE night. All night. This is also the first night he's been back to work on a shift where I could actually regroup & get the house cleaned up & everything put back together from our trip to Kansas, not to mention that I was so sick I didn't do ANYTHING! So, that's the plan. Well, actually, I'm on the last leg of "the plan". He left at 6:30 & I got to work. Right now, I'm waiting on load # 3 to dry, with one left to go into the washer. The dishwasher is unloaded, house vacuumed, dusted, swept, mopped, bathrooms cleaned, fresh sheets on the bed....you get the idea. As soon as I finish writing this, I'm jumping in the shower...(before it gets too late, I freak myself out if I have to take a shower & it's late). The plan is, get everything done, get to bed, wake up at 6:30...get ready for work, then fix David a nice hot breakfast & have it ready & waiting when he gets home. We don't know how to judge the traffic yet on 540 & 102 at that time of morning, so not sure what time he'll get here. I am sure, I'll be a little bit late for work. I am also sure, I'm going to have a very hard time sleeping tonight. I've gotten pretty spoiled to David coming home in the middle of the night & taking Bam & Boogie out for me. I HATE HATE HATE taking the dogs out at 3 am. Actually, any time after midnight is bad. If it's 5am or after, I'm ok. I don't like to get up that early, but I don't mind being outside walking the dogs around while they do their business. But in the middle of the night? No thank you. But - we do what we gotta do! I also don't like sleeping without David next to me. When you've been married 23 years, you kinda get used to having him there. I like feeling him lying next to me-me scooting over- him scooting over til I push him off the bed, him getting up, coming around to the other side of the bed, getting in & me starting ALL OVER! HA! And, it's no fun watching TV alone in the evenings, or eating dinner by myself. At least I have Boogie, Bam & Ladybug to drive me crazy--I mean, keep me company.
Anyhoo, I know I'll be late tomorrow morning if I survive tonight.
But it's all good. We don't really do a whole lot on Fridays anyway. And, I am for certain, about to go through my "post contest burnout". Every time a contest winds down, I go through a week - sometimes two, of just complete exhaustion. I don't mean to do it. And I tell myself every time it won't happen again, but it always does. I think it's just the stress of sell, sell, sell, hurry, hurry, hurry...gotta be #1 all the time that gets to me. And not to "toot my own horn", but I was #1 this time. Feels a whole lot better than the last contest did, where I didn't even qualify for the lowest prize. This time, I went all the way to the top! 40 was the cap. And I hit 40 2 weeks ago, so, they dangled a thousand more dollars in front of me, and so I hit 60! I've NEVER hit 60 before, and actually, I hit 61! Nice. Now, I just hope that nothing weird happens, and everybody stays in, and ....well, never mind. No sense jinxing myself like that. God is and has been so good to me. So in his hands, no mistakes, no cancellations! Right?
More good news, Eddy actually gets off tonight (tomorrow morning early) and doesn't have to be back on post until Tuesday. So, you know what Mama did. I sweet talked my husband, (actually, I just asked him what he thought & he agreed), and we're getting them down here for the weekend. SO excited. I love having them at home. David won't actually get to spend much time with them, he works 7-7 Fri & Sat. But, he'll have Sunday afternoon/evening, and all day Monday with them. And, now I'll get to try out my new digital camcorder. Hopefully I'll figure out how to upload all the videos I take of Hunter, and put them here. BUT - you know me & technology. So...keep your fingers crossed! me

1 comment:

  1. Wooo Hoooo - glad you won the contest!
    Of course you know the only reason you won is cuz I wasn't there.
    ;-)
    Love ya-
    me

    ReplyDelete