Thursday, March 4, 2010

Update BEFORE the Weekend

I can't believe it's almost the weekend again! And I am SO ready for it. David has had to work every night this week. It's a big change for him, sitting at a desk all night, working the phones & on a computer. But, I think he'll get the hang of it. I've never known him to set his mind on something & then not do it, or be able to do it. I'm just so proud of him for stepping outside his comfort zone & giving something totally different a try! And did I mention all the amazing benefits they have there? And vacation & sick time? Oh, and the pay is pretty darn good too! On his first night, Monday, I stayed up & waited for him to get home so he could tell me all about his first day. I made spaghetti & had it warming on the stove when he got home at midnight. We were both so tired. But we were having a minor catastrophe, Bam was sick. It started that morning & kept getting worse. About 1 a.m. David finally said, I'm afraid it may be parvo baby, what do you want to do? We didn't get much sleep at all that night. A couple hours each, cuz we took turns taking care of Bam. At 7:30 Tues. morning we called the vet & they had us rush him in. Imagine our relief to find out it was just a virus! (I called it the One Hundred Thirty Six Dollar Virus!). Anyway David took me on to work & came home & got some sleep. We did stop & get my new glasses. And they are going to take some getting used to let me tell you. I have 3 lines of vision, my vision w/out glasses, the glasses, then the bifocals. I found out yesterday morning that it makes me carsick if I try to drive with them on. I'm trying to wear them as much as I can though. Hopefully, I'll adjust quickly. Tuesday night....I came home & fell asleep on the love seat. I thought I'd turned to stone when David came home. It felt like my whole body was breaking when I got up. Last night....I didn't do much either, just watched American Idol, then went to bed. David told me yesterday at lunch that I could not stay up every night trying to wait on him. When I asked him why he said, for starters, you need your sleep so you can wake up & go to work. Then he said, secondly...you're a real B#*ch when I come & try wake you up! ha! So now, I'm trying to go on to bed around 10 or so. Then when he comes in, he changes clothes, takes the dogs out, gets something to eat, watches a little TV & unwinds, then goes to sleep. When I get up at 6, I take the dogs out, try to be as quiet as I can while I have my coffee & cigarette, & dress as quietly as possible. Then I put Bam back in his kennel, & sneak out while Bam proceeds to bark his head off! I wish I could stop that somehow, he settles down after about 5 minutes, but those 5 minutes are hell! I also miss our mornings together. We had a great routine. We'd have coffee together & talk & watch the news for 1/2 an hour or so each morning before I got ready for work. I didn't realize how much I'd come to look forward to, and love that time of day with my husband.
Today....was a pretty good day. It was the cut off for our next paycheck, and I'm already at 39! So I hit bonuses at 25,30 & 35...and I've got one more to go! Hopefully, they'll come up with some more for 45,50, 55 & so on for me. I'm way ahead of everyone else, and just really thankful that my company has these contests & gives us the opportunity to make some extra money as often as they do!
Since I had 7 for the week, I got to go home at 3, and Terri brought me home. I made up my mind that tonite was THE night to get the house cleaned & spotless. And I did! And it is! And David is going to be so surprised when he gets home tonite. He's got to work tomorrow night, then he's off Sat & Sun, so we'll get to spend the weekend together. And other than the Stanley Steamer appointment we have Sat morning to get the carpets cleaned, we've got the whole weekend to relax & do whatever we want! I can't wait.
One more thing before I close....Brittni got the job at Toyota! I KNEW she would! Again, God is so good to my family. Congratulations Pudge! We're so proud of you!
me

No comments:

Post a Comment