Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sad

So sad now. I mentioned earlier this morning when I blogged that the kids have to go back home today. And in all reality, they stayed an extra day & blamed the snow. But today, when I went home for lunch, they were packing up to leave. I realize that it's a 5 1/2 hour trip back to Manhattan. I realize that Eddy has to go to work when he gets there, whatever time that may be, and I realize, that it's not practical for them to wait for me to get off work at 4:30, then leave after I get home around 5ish. Especially with all the traffic.
What I DIDN'T realize, is how SAD I'd be. How heavy my heart would feel. How much I miss them already & they're not even gone!
It doesn't help seeing how sad THEY are when it's time for them to go. To see on my son's face, to know that he really REALLY wishes he'd thought this Army thing out a little bit more, before jumping right in. To realize how home sick they both get, and to know, there is nothing, absolutely nothing, David & I can do about it.
They'll be back in 2 weeks for Easter. It's already planned. But - BUT - it's 2 whole weeks away. And that feels like forever.
Hunter is just growing up so fast. And every day that goes by, is probably one day closer to Eddy being deployed. And I just want to grab a hold of TIME, and make it STAND STILL.
But alas, I can not. So for now, just please, please say a little prayer for me. And I'll remind myself how lucky I am to have grown children that want to spend time with their parents, as much time as the Army allows anyway! me

No comments:

Post a Comment