Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sick....SO Sick

Monday was just an ordinary day. I went to work, came home & David & I went to town. I've mentioned the contest we're in at work, and one of the prizes ended up being an American Express Gift Card. Note to self: Very FEW places actually take American Express. But - I am not complaining....at all - and of course, Wal Mart does. Since David has this new job, he really needed a cell phone. The Tracfone we keep in the truck is fine for emergencies, but not to really talk on. Some people at his work had been talking about a new carrier at Wal Mart called Straight Talk, so we went to check it out. Turns out, for $45 per month, you get unlimited talk, text & Internet. No contracts, no hidden fees. Just buy the phone, pay your $45/mo & you're good to go. So, we got hooked up at Wal Mart with a phone for each of us. We also FINALLY bought the Sony camcorder I've been wanting since before Hunter was born. The little old man that waited on us assured us we'd need nothing that wasn't already in the box - wrong. Still gotta go back & get an SD card, extra battery & case. After our little shopping spree, we went out to eat at Octavio's. Then home. We had so much fun setting up our phones, and texting our kids (who had no idea we'd gotten new phones, or even knew HOW to text!). Tues I woke up & wasn't feeling all that well. I went on in to work & made it to...are you ready for this? 8:15! There was NO way I could take another minute. So I grabbed up my folders & went home. And went to bed. And slept ALL day. Except for when I was running to & from the bathroom! Yesterday was a little better, but not much. I don't like to miss work. I don't like not being able to take care of David & the house, and I don't like being sick. But there was nothing I could do about it. David had to work a 11pm - 3 am shift last night. And since I'd slept for the past 48 hours, I stayed up with him until it was time for him to leave. Another big plus about this new job of his? I haven't had to put gas in the truck since he started! He always makes sure I have plenty of gas to get to & from work, even if he has to stop on his way home! Thank you baby! I love you - more! me

No comments:

Post a Comment