Sunday, August 1, 2010

Time to go see our Grandma!

So...last night I decided it was time to go see Grandma again. We haven't been out there since 4th of July weekend. And I remember when she was SO sick in the hospital & I was so worried we might lose her & felt so bad because I never hardly took the time to go visit with her & my Aunt Bev. Now - she is doing SO much better. She has taken herself off her oxygen. She sits up in her chair for most of the day. She gets in her wheelchair & eats at her dining room table & even does the dishes again! Aunt Bev even put her in the car & they took Ryan (my cousin) to work one afternoon when he needed a ride. God is so good! So last night after David went to work - we went to Grandma's! (Here is where I need to add that Brittni had called Desiree yesterday & told her that she had finally really broken up with Jeremiah & wanted Eddy & Des to bring Hunter over & hang out with her. Des told her she'd already made plans with me to go see Grandma & Brittni asked if she could come too - and bring a friend....a GUY friend that was not Jeremiah.) So, I got David off to work, and since ALL of us couldn't fit in one vehicle, Des & Hunter went to pick up Brittni & her friend, and me & Eddy went in his truck and got dinner for David & Keithon and took it to them, then we all met up at Grandma's.
I am sorry to say I forgot my camera. I even told David that I was going to bring my camcorder & video Grandma, Bev & Hunter so I'll have that forever. But as usual, I was in a great big hurry trying to get dressed, put the dogs up, start the dishwasher...and I just forgot. Anyway...we had such a great time. It is so funny when my little family goes to my grandma's. We all love to visit & talk & when we got home, Eddy said "mama, there were so many conversations going on at once I just shut up". Ha! That's a laugh. Eddy talks more than me! But I think it's because we love being with them & are all trying to fill them in on everything going on & there's just SO much to say! Hunter man loves Grandma P. But he also LOVES his Aunt Bevy. He would just smile SO big when she talked to him. She got some REALLY good pictures...and I know she'll share. She always does. There are some times in our lives, that I wouldn't have a picture one of - if Aunt Bev hadn't been there to take them! Thank you Bev!
And speaking of pictures...so, the Brittni thing is not exactly resolved at our house, right? And she brings this new guy to Grandma's. And for the record he is SUCH an improvement from the last one! He was very nice & respectful & actually participated in the conversation...even Eddy liked him (sort of)! But, since Brittni hasn't really been coming over here much, and I wanted David to see him & know what he looked liked, when Bev & I were in the kitchen by ourselves, I asked her if she could sneak a picture of him & Brittni & email it to me! And this morning, at 6:30 I decided to check my email & she DID! It's a good picture too & I can't wait for David to get home so I can tell him all about our night!
Since it's time for him to be walking in the door...I should go start some breakfast. I know I've got more to blog about...remember, I made myself a list. But it won't be this morning. There are biscuits & gravy to be made. So..til next time...me

No comments:

Post a Comment