Tuesday, August 10, 2010

So very tired

I am SO feeling the lack of sleep I got last night. It has been, and IS a rough day. I finally fell asleep around 2:30 this morning, then Des called me at 5:30 because my little Hunter-man was awake & crying & she couldn't lift him out of his crib. He was wide awake & raring to go! I finally got him back to sleep at 6:45 - just in time for me to start getting ready for work! I don't know when I lost the ability to get by on just a couple hours of sleep - but I've for sure lost it! I am e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d. So tired, so sleepy, and SO ready for five o'clock. I really really wish Monday thru Friday went by as quickly as the weekend does! That reminds me of an older woman I used to work with at Montgomery Wards - a loooong time ago, way back when my kids were babies. Every time she asked me how I was I'd say something to the effect of "Fine, I just wish it was Friday". Finally one day she said to me..."Do you realize you are wishing your life away?" And I understood then that she was right. However, it still doesn't keep me from saying it every now & then. And today when I said it...I MEANT it. I really wish it were Friday, sometime around noon, so I could just hop in the truck & go home & take a nap - a really LONG nap. Like one that runs into tomorrow - and doesn't end until about, oh, say - noon-ish!
On a brighter note - David & Eddy are on their way home. I really hate to admit it, but I sure miss my husband when he's gone. Sssshhh...let's keep that our little secret ;-) me

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm visiting from the random dozen! But I enjoyed reading back quite a ways on your posts! What fun... guess I'd better hit the follow button so I can see what all happens next for your little family :o) Grandson is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete