Sunday, August 8, 2010

Girls Weekend - sort of

We are trying to have a "girl's weekend/week" here. I say trying because Desiree' is still recovering from her surgery, & it seems the pain is increasing with the number of days gone by that she actually had the surgery. I think maybe she over-did it a little, what with going to the Grape Festival the night after & then taking a trip to Eureka Springs the day after that. But hey- who am I to get in the way of having a little fun?

David & Eddy headed out at 7 a.m. this morning for Stuttgart. I'm not expecting them back til Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. They went because it is way past time David goes down & checks on his dad. He's got another heart surgery scheduled this month. Hopefully they can get by with just stints again, but if not, they'll have to go ahead & do open-heart surgery while they've got him in there. If THAT happens, I'm not sure what we'll do. We don't have any vacation time left, and he'll need someone down there to help him recuperate I'm sure. And, tomorrow David has to go to our attorney down there & find out about getting some paperwork started on the farm. It's a very long drawn out story, but bottom line is this: Uncle Bob's kids showed up with the "authorities" yesterday & had papers stating that they could go in Bob & Jessie's house & take anything they wanted. It's funny to me they never had anything to do with their dad & Aunt Jessie while they were alive. They wouldn't even help pay for their funerals, David & Big David had to do that. Truth be told I think Big David is STILL paying on it. But now, now they want to come in & take everything, including the house & land & that's not how Grandpa & Grandma Allen wanted it. And honestly, it's none of MY business, and I don't think anyone cares what they take from the old house. It's the Allen land that David's dad lives on that we're worried about. Anyway, we'll find out more when David talks to the lawyer tomorrow.


I've been helping out with Hunter-man since Des isn't supposed to pick him up for 6 weeks! And don't think for a second I'm not LOVING it! I got up with him at 5:30 this morning & changed him & fed him & played with him. Then when he got sleepy I brought him into my bed & cuddled until he fell asleep about 7 or so. Then we both took a power nap & I woke up at 9:30 to these great big beautiful blue eyes just staring at me & smiling. It was SO sweet.

Brittni came over last night & we filled out the worksheet for the FASFA. I'd like to say that we finished it, but I totally forgot that our accountant has our W-2's & we need those numbers before we can officially fill it out & submit it. And considering that the U of A starts up in a couple of weeks, well, I've got to get on the ball.

Anyhoo, I'm not sure yet what today is going to consist of. I'd love to go see my mom, but it's a good hour's drive away, and I think Des probably needs to take it easy today. She was running a little bit of a fever this morning, so we probably should just stay home & watch movies on the Hallmark channel or Lifetime or something productive like that.

The boys took Boogie with them, but of course left me with my big bundle of chaos. Bam is currently in the kennel because I can't leave him out without keeping Hunter in my arms at all times. They are going to be the best of friends when they both get a little bigger, but right now Bam thinks it's great fun to lick Hunter all over the face & knock him down, and I'm just not cool with that.

Well, gotta go check on the kids...me

No comments:

Post a Comment