Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Random Dozen


So I'm trying the "Random Dozen" again hosted by Linda @ 2nd Cup Of Coffee. I've tried to do this in the past & just can NOT figure it out. I can't seem to paste anything into my blog...so, I'll do it the old fashioned way...one question at a time:

1. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?

I honestly can't remember. It's been a while. But what I can remember is how GOOD it feels when it happens.

2. If you found $10 today, what would you do with it?

Honestly? I'd blow it. It seems any time I carry any amount of cash with me, it just disappears. On coffee, the vending machine here at work, McDonald's... or - I give it to David before he leaves for work so he'll have some cash on him. I MUCH prefer my debit card.

3. Do you volunteer anywhere?

YES! I volunteer at home..I volunteer to clean the house, do the laundry, take the trash out, fix dinner....all of it! (But to answer the question, no - I wish I did, but I simply don't have the time.

4. What is your favorite summertime veggie or fruit, and how do you eat it?

That's a hard one, I love watermelon & cantaloupe, just cut up with a little salt on it. But I really REALLY love fried squash & okra. Oh, and cucumbers, and tomatoes..and...well, I guess I like most of them.

5. Is your social sphere (circle of friends) small, medium or large?

It's small, very small. But that makes it that much more special

6. When was the last time you attended a family reunion? How did it go?

I can't remember the last time I attended one, it has been many many years. I did however, MISS one this past weekend in Texas. David had to work.

7. When you're feeling blue, what is the best way someone can cheer you up?

That's easy...a hug from David makes everything better. Or, I can snuggle up with my precious grandson & he makes my world right again.

8. Have you taken a vacation this summer?

YES! We spent 5 days in Cancun...amazing, can't wait to go back.

9. What is the most unnecessary item you carry with you all the time.

My glasses. They are supposed to help me see, bifocals you know? But I can't seem to get used to them, so I never wear them.

10. What is the best summer flick you have seen so far?

We haven't been to the movies in a long time, but I watched "It's complicated" on DVD this past weekend & it was hilarious. (Gotta love chick flicks)

11. Describe a perfect summer day.

Camping at Beaver lake. Waking up early, sitting outside having coffee with David & watching the sun come up over the lake.

12. Please share a favorite photo from the summer so far!
It's at the top. This is when we went into town in Mexico & spent the day shopping..& drinking the tequila they kept giving us at each of the shops!


6 comments:

  1. What a fun vacation! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, ya think there's a connection between the tequila and the amount they hope you'll purchase? Hmm...looks like fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute picture! We were there years ago and I'd love to go back.

    I feel the same way about cash-I rarely carry any and if I have it I tend to give it to my hubs for his 'lunch money'. I have gotten back into the habit of writing checks for some things though. I don't keep up as well with the debits as I do checks.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, "Its Complicated" is laugh out loud hilarious. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. honestly? i really want one of those hats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww....I loved that a hug from your hubby can make everything better! That is so sweet! AND I know just what you mean about the grandbaby! They are such a Godsend, hm?
    Tequila at the shops AS you shopped?! Oh my! I bet that made for an interesting day!!! LOL Love the pic!! :-)

    ReplyDelete