Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Never a dull moment

Well the "girls week" thing went out the window Sunday night around 8 o'clock. Des had gone to her dad's about 3 or so & I had every intention of vacuuming, dusting, going the whole nine yards. But instead, I ended up with a killer headache & decided a nap was in order. I woke up about 6 and remembered I had to go to the dreaded Wally World to get dog food. Dog food turned into laundry detergent, that turned into milk that turned into...well, you get the picture. Anyway, the only "fun" thing I bought was a toy for Hunter - of course!

Des got home right behind me & walked in & had a fever. Not a slight fever, but 102.8 fever! So we called the emergency number her doctor gave her & no one answered. We ended up calling the emergency room here & they said to bring her in right away. So we grabbed Hunter & the diaper bag & off we went. About six HOURS later, they sent us home with a script for more antibiotics & some nausea medicine. She was dehydrated & had an infection, so it was good we went. Brittni got there about ten & stayed until after one helping me entertain the baby. There wasn't anything for him to do except sit in our laps. I had hoped he'd go to sleep but there was just way too much going on for that. We got home around 2 a.m. and got a little sleep. On the way home she called her mom back to let her know she was coming home, but would defiantly need help with Hunter while I was at work. So her mom drove up today & stayed all day with her here at the house...and is coming tomorrow too. Remember David & Eddy are in Stuttgart...so we are on our own here.

Tonight I've been cleaning house-again. Well, trying to. It's a lot harder than I remember folding & putting up clothes with an 18 pound baby on my hip! My back is KILLING me! But, I put him down around nine & he is still out. The only down side is that I can not vacuum. And as of 1 a.m. - it is all I like. I'd like to think I'll do it in the morning before I leave for work, but we all know what I morning person I am...not!

My grandma called me at work today with WONDERFUL news. She is scheduled to have surgery on Sept. 20th to get the colostomy bag thing 'un-done'. And...she is going to be removed from hospice either this month or next. God is SO good. I told her she was a lot tougher than they gave her credit for. She has lots of stuff she wants to get done before her surgery, so I plan on going down on Saturday evenings & helping as much as I can.

Well, that's about it for now..I'm gonna go take a muscle relaxer for my back & hit the sheets! me

1 comment:

  1. Whew! Girl, you never stop! :-) Never a dull moment at your house, hm? :-) I don't know how you do it all! Hope you slept well last night!

    ReplyDelete