Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday's Random Dozen

I'm starting to LOVE the Random Dozen! I see it like this: Some days, I just don't have much to post, unless I bore ya'll to death with Hunter stories, or do the whole "Woke up, went to work, came home, cooked, cleaned, went to bed" post, and hey, that puts EVEN ME to sleep-ha! There are other days...that I probably shouldn't blog. You know the kind of days where you're a little bit whine-y, feeling a little under appreciated, or a little bit sorry for yourself? That is NOT why I started this blog, so I have to watch myself & be careful about that. So THANK YOU Linda - for your random - ness!
1. What is your favorite fair/carnival food?
That is soooo easy! Funnel cakes! But, we very seldom go to the fair anymore, I'm sure that will change when Hunter gets a little bit bigger though.
2. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Yes - if kids count. I am holding on too much - as usual. They are grown & I need to let them go. I just think I love them too much sometimes!
3. What is your favorite gift to receive?
Flowers - roses to be exact. But it's much better to get them out of the blue, for no reason at all, than to get them when I'm expecting them. (Does that even make sense?)
4. When was the last time you tried something new?
Last Wednesday...The Random Dozen! :)
5. What is your fav & least fav book genre?
Favorite is Mystery, least favorite, hmmm probably Political
6. Silver or Gold?
Much to my girl's dismay, it is gold. They think gold is so "80's". I think gold matches my wedding ring, and all my other rings & REAL jewelry!
7. What makes you sigh?
It depends, sigh - in a good way? Any & every thing Hunter! And, falling asleep curled up next to my sweet hubby! Sigh in a bad way? Coming home to a dirty house, especially if it was clean when I left!
8. If you didn't know how old you are, how old would you claim you are?
That depends on the day! On good days - I'd be at least 10 years younger! But some days I feel like I'm 90!
9. Would you break a law to save a loved one? To protect a loved one?
YES, and YES. No hesitation. 'Nuff said!
10. If you had to teach something, what would it be?
I had to think about this one. I think it would be some type of Bible study. NOT because I know enough about it to teach it, but because I know I'd be much more faithful about studying & reading it myself, if I was teaching it.
11. You're having lunch with 3 people whom you respect & admire. They begin to criticize a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. What do you do?
Ahhh, there always HAS to be a tough one in here. I'd defiantly defend the person by pointing out all of her good qualities. Depending on how they were criticizing her, I'd quite possibly say, well___ is a VERY good friend of mine, and you obviously don't know her like I do, or you wouldn't feel that way about her. (I've actually done this before). I'd love to be one of those outspoken women who just says exactly what she thinks, no matter what it was, but I'm much more conservative than that unfortunately.
12. Which of the 5 Love Languages is your prominent means of experiencing love?
David & I have actually read this book & took the test. I experience love most by Word of Affirmation, I SHOW my love mainly by Acts of Service.

Well, I'm out of time, gotta get back to work! Happy Random Dozen-ing everyone! me

3 comments:

  1. I get the flower thing : ) I love them too and getting them for no reason is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love roses too. But I like the ones I can plant in the yard so they will last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely best to be surprised by flowers :o)

    ReplyDelete