Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Mid-Week Update

Desiree is having her lap band surgery today! I'm so happy/nervous for her! I asked her yesterday if she was scared & she said "no, I'm just ready to get it over with". She's been on a liquid diet for 2 whole weeks! If I could do that, I'd be able to lose the weight without the surgery-sheesh! There are a few things about it that concern me, and for me personally, I'd have to think LONG & HARD before taking the plunge and doing this. Mainly, you can not eat any type of bread, rice, cereal, anything that "swells up" in your stomach...ever again! Anyway, I keep teasing her & telling her she is going to be my guinea pig...I'll watch & see how she does over the next year, then decide if it's something I'd consider! HA!
Since the kids left yesterday to go to Kansas for the surgery, David & I had the night to ourselves last night. So I got home from work & we loaded up & headed to our local Wal Mart Neighborhood Market! We were supposed to just be going for a few staples, and something to cook for dinner with the green tomatoes my friend Sherry brought me, but since we weren't in any hurry, and hadn't really been grocery shopping & stocked up for quite a while, well, we went CRAZY! $250 later, my pantry is full, my freezer is full & we should be good to go...for a day or two at least! Actually, I enjoy going shopping with David. I tend to have this habit of buying (and cooking) the same things over and over AND OVER again. When we go together though, we walk down every aisle & find new things to try out! And you want to know something funny? By the time we got home, unloaded & put everything up, then worked the dogs, it was 9:30 and I ended up not cooking dinner at all! How does THAT happen?
Speaking of working the dogs....Boogie is doing AMAZING! She is going to win the "Duck Dog Challenge" this year down in Stuttgart! I just know it! Bam however...you know...MY DOG ....he seems to have lost his drive a little bit! He's doing great on the "heel, sit, here" part - for his age, he is only 8 months old, but he was a little distracted on his retrieves last night. I don't know if it's this VERY HOT Arkansas weather or what...but it seemed like he'd lost some of his focus! But hey - who am I to talk about being distracted or losing focus, right?
Monday night Brenda invited us to come down for supper. They are having a big 'ol Texas Family Reunion this weekend, and unfortunately David & I can not attend, because of course, he has to work! A while back when we'd gone down to visit her she showed us a couple different videos (or home movies) someone had taken & made copies of, from 15 or so years ago- back when the family used to get together for Christmas or a birthday or something. It was SO AMAZING to watch, that we suggested when she goes down to the reunion, she take our video camera & do the same thing! So...we took it down to her for her to take this weekend. It ended up that my whole "little family" got to go. Brittni & McKenzie (the new boy) even went! (The Brittni thing IS getting better) We had such a good time just hanging out & visiting. Hunter man LOVES going to his nee nee's. And Brenda made the best BBQ sandwiches & peach cobbler. I have GOT to get that recipe...it was soooooo delicious! Everything she makes is just SO good. I can only hope one day, I can cook as well as she does!
Work this week is crazy. Terri (my boss) is on vacation, which means I'm in charge & trying to take up the slack. I will be glad when she gets back. I only have 2 sales so far this week, which means I desperately need one more to hit my incentive. And, since I'm not going to be able to get that while I'm blogging...I'd better go for now. me

No comments:

Post a Comment