Friday, August 6, 2010

Hello Friday!

Hello Friday! I am SO glad you are here! Friday couldn't come soon enough for me this week! My boss has been on vacation, so I've been "Acting Boss" all week. Let me just say this now, I do NOT have any desire to have that position. EVER. I like very much just being responsible for myself & doing my job. And speaking of doing my job, I had 3 sales this week. Yup, I got the 3rd one in right at deadline yesterday. 3 sales means I get my incentive on top of my commission. Yay!
Desiree is doing good after her surgery. She is defiantly sore, but managing the pain a lot better than I would be. Yesterday afternoon they left the house & didn't get home til about 10:30 last night. I think they met her dad at the Grape Festival. They came home with a t-shirt for Hunter that said, "Don't look at me, that smell is coming from Grandpa!" and a wooden picture frame insert for me for Hunter's picture. I LOVE presents & especially surprises!
They're taking Hunter today to a portrait studio to have his picture made. I know they brought one of his camo outfits & David's duck calls for one set! CUTE! I'll have to figure out a way to scan them when they're done & post them on here for sure.
Not much else going on except I have to tell you that I got the recipe for the peach cobbler from Brenda & made it Wednesday night! It was super easy & very tasty. I also made fried green tomatoes & boiled cabbage & fried pork loin. How's that for some good old fashion Southern Cooking?
There is one other thing on my mind today, and I blame it all on David! He said something this morning that I can't quite shake off. I can't get it out of my head. That was probably his intention since he said the words, "this is something I think about every day" before he made the following statement: "What are we working towards?" Keep in mind that he said it after he told me they were getting ready to get into their busy season at work, and people were talking about overtime and all the extra money they could make. And I told him that even if he worked overtime & brought home more money we'd just "absorb" it. Meaning we wouldn't save it up & do or buy anything special or extra with it. We wouldn't put it towards paying something off faster, like our truck, or credit card or something. So in my opinion, it wouldn't be worth it. He'd have even LESS time at home. But I can't get it out of my head. What ARE we working towards? Hmmm...I'll have to ponder that one for a while. I'll let you know what I figure out. me

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing little Hunter's pictures!
    Is it okay if I ask...what do you sell, Tammy? Just wondering. You may have mentioned it before but I missed it.
    Maybe he is thinking that it would be good or you all to have a financial plan for your future? Especially because the years are passing by...not that you are old, by any means....but it is important to have a plan, a goal, something to work toward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Jewel, I sell advertising. I work for a vendor for Sam's Club & sell the "Auto Buying Program" to new car dealers all over the U.S. I've been doing that for 7 years in Sept. and will probably keep doing it until I'm 70!
    And yes, David is certainly thinking about our financial future. You're right, when the grandkids start coming, you realize how old you really are! HA God Bless...tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working toward Heaven. I hear it's a wonderful place....
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete