Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Women In My Family

I've only got time for a short post tonight - I'm not feeling very well (did I mention I've been exposed to the flu?), plus it's almost my bedtime. But I have something to say. The women - or females (cuz the girls are both 20-well, Pudge will be 20 Saturday) they AMAZE me. The way they/we flock together in a time of need is just awesome. Without going into ANY detail, yesterday we had a little family emergency. One of us was dealing with something hard, VERY HARD. And with one phone call, it set off a chain of love & support that was immeasurable. It's very reassuring to know that my daughter will come at the drop of a hat - in her pajamas - to my house, without question. My mother-in-law is just a phone call away. I have a job that I can announce "I have to go home-I'll be back tomorrow!" and it's okay. My job is still there & secure that next day. That we all rally around & support one another in a time of need. The support comes from love, a kind of love that has grown over years & years. And it is endless, it knows no bounds. It's a little bit like God's love for us. And is leaves me speechless. me

1 comment: