Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Man I Call "BIG DAVID"



Again, this is a catch up post, but I took some pictures down at David's dad's (weekend before last) that I really want to put on my post. Mainly because Stuttgart is so much a part of our lives. David's dad lives there & although we go there often, sometimes it still doesn't feel like often enough. We'll be leaving tomorrow at noon & be down there until Sunday night, remember it's "Wing's Over The Prairie" time! Can't wait. Anyhoo, I got a few shots of "Big David" and even one of him & his dog Trucker! I've known David's dad since I was 14. And just like with David's mom, to him, I am just as much a part of his family as the 3 boys. I am his daughter. I can (and have) ask him for anything, and he'll do his best to make sure I have it. I realize, as I spend time with him, that my husband is very much this man's son. And, watching him is like a glimpse into the future. He's "mellowed out" a lot as the years go by, and that's a good thing. He was a wild one (an "outlaw") in his younger days (remind you of anyone?-my husband). But- I love him in spite of it (or maybe because of it), and I wouldn't trade him for anything! me

No comments:

Post a Comment