Thursday, July 15, 2010

What Makes My Heart HAPPY


In case you didn't know....THIS is what makes my heart happy right now. And I don't imagine that is gonna change for the REST OF MY LIFE! And I am more than okay with that! I figured it was about time for a little Hunter-Man update. He is already 7 months old! He is not crawling yet - not that he doesn't try, but he gets his knees up under him & rocks a little bit, then face plants right in the carpet! His Papa says it's because his head is SO big-ha ha! But, speaking of that...when he went in for his last check-up they said he's in the 99th percentile for the size of his head. I asked Eddy what that meant...and he said, "Duh mama...it means he's super smart!"...then Desiree laughed & said actually, it means that he's got a bigger head than 99% of babies his age! I can tell you one thing...it's the most beautiful "big head" I have ever seen. He rolls over all by himself now too. If you lay a blanket on the floor, he'll roll all over the room. He can sit up by himself and hold his bottle by himself. He's still not quite to the point where he will hold his arms out to you to get you to pick him up, but he's working on it. And yesterday, when I came home for lunch, I got my very first "on purpose" kiss! As soon as I picked him up he grabbed my face with both his little hands & pulled me to him & licked me right on the lips! It was awesome, and SO sweet. And I can't get him to do it again for anything in the world. I think he's learning this kissing - licking thing from Bam. His most favorite thing is to grab Bam by the ears & pull him to him & let Bam lick him all in his face. He just giggles & laughs & laughs. I think it is too cute - but it makes David crazy...he says get that dog out of that baby's face...you don't have any idea what all he's had in his mouth...and, as usual, he's right.
The kids took him back to the doctor today & they took some blood. They are pretty sure he just has a viral infection of some kind, but he's still feeling really bad so they wanted to make sure he wasn't getting worse. I had chalked most of it up to teething, but the doctor says that's not it. We'll hear tomorrow how the lab work went & if he's got to get on some more meds. That's it for the grandbaby update for now... I still need to get a picture of him in his Sombrero we bought him in Mexico! me

1 comment: