Monday, July 5, 2010

We're Back - and I'm behind

Do you ever get SO behind on something...that you just keep putting it off & trying to put it out of your mind? Well THAT'S how I've been with blogging. I have SO much to blog about our Mexico trip. But - alas, again life has gotten in the way. So I've decided to just bite the bullet & jump on in, and I'll blog about Mexico when I get a chance.

We've had a great week. I was sick on Thursday though. Had a headache that just would NOT go away. I stayed home from work, laid in bed all day, and about 6 pm it finally let up.

Friday...the kids got home. HOME. They came pulling a U Haul trailer with all their stuff. Eddy & Dez have to go back to Kansas tomorrow to finalize everything, but they are officially here & Eddy is officially out of the Army! I am SO glad. Still, don't know what they are gonna do, but what I DO know is that Eddy is NOT gonna be sent to Afghanistan.

Saturday night we went to my Grandma's & watched fireworks. My grandma is doing AMAZING. She is weaning herself off her oxygen a little at a time, sitting at the table for lunch & dinner, and she even went outside to watch the fireworks. Thank you to everyone for all the prayers.

And we celebrated the 4th yesterday in true Allen fashion. We grilled hamburgers & hot dogs in the front yard, invited the neighbors & their kids over & some other friends, and David, Eddy & Jeramiah went to the fireworks stand & bought enough fireworks to have a BIG SHOW. It was SO much fun. It was one of those "throw everything together at the last minute" things that we are SO famous for, but it turned out great.

And today? Today is a day of rest. I'm off work and it's David's regular day off work. Not sure if we're even gonna get out & do anything. Heck, I won't even have to cook - there's plenty hamburgers & hot dogs left over!

Well, that's about all I've got for now...there will be Mexico stories & pictures to come...eventually. me

No comments:

Post a Comment