Sunday, July 25, 2010

I have "The Fever"

What a great weekend we had! Last night after David went to work, Eddy, Des, Hunter & I all went to Hickory Creek & had dinner with my mom & sister. They've been camping there for the past 2 weeks and are going home today. Last Sunday David & I took Boogie & Bam & drove down & went swimming with the girls (our nieces). And worked the dogs of course! Bam loves the water. But last night, after we took David & Keithon some pizza at work, it was too late to swim. I have this aversion to swimming in a lake after dark. I KNOW there are snakes in the lake & I have to be able to see. So we all just sat around the campfire, ate & visited. It was really nice & relaxing. There is only one problem. I now officially OFFICIALLY have "the fever"...camping fever that is. David & I bought a new camper last summer. We traded our little one in & got a much bigger, much nicer one. And guess what? WE HAVEN'T USED IT EVEN ONCE! For those of you that don't camp - let me just tell you, it is a lot of fun! It's something we've done with the kids since they were little. We swim, tube, fish, play, relax. It is amazing. And - it is a LOT of work. Our little camper was decked out. I had everything I needed packed in it always. There was no need to load up dishes, pots, pans, sheets, NOTHING. All we had to do was buy some food, pack a few clothes, hook up & take off. I have NOT done that with the new camper yet. And just so you know, our idea of camping isn't "roughing it" at all. We have air conditioning, tv, bathroom, all kitchen appliances, we have all the comforts of home. I wouldn't enjoy it at all if we didn't. And that's where the problem lies. I really need David to go pick up the camper at Mr. Dick's & bring it home for a couple weeks. I need to clean it again from top to bottom. I need to see what I can part with here at the house & what I actually need to go out & buy. (Yard sales are AMAZING for that). I need it hooked up here at the house to make sure the A/C gets as cold as we need it to. I need to get "black out" curtains for all the windows so David can sleep in the daytime when he has to work. I also need to see how big the closets are-ha! And there's one other thing I'm worried about...yes - it's Boogie and Bam! They are, of course, part of the family, so "kenneling" them is not an option. But I'm not sure how they will do at camp for 2 whole weeks. We have a pretty good schedule going here at home. It goes something like this.... I come home at lunch & feed them & take them out. Basically, during the part of the week when David has to work, I take care of the dogs. And Hickory Creek is too far away for me to drive down at lunch. So we'll have to figure something out on that. But I am confident that we will. Because I have decided that we will not let this summer sneak away without going camping! me

1 comment:

  1. We used to love going camping until we moved here where we live now. It is just so peaceful and we have a campfire ring down by the creek, plenty of space for playing yard games and so on and we can sleep in our own bed at night! :-) The only thing we are missing is a swimming pool! :-)
    We started out with a pop-up camper, years ago. Then we sold that and got a self-contained camper with a bathroom,appliances and all. THEN, I got the bright idea that we ought to try tent camping! So we bought a beautiful cabin tent, sleeping bags, air mattresses and we loved camping like that, too.
    But then Daniel started going to church camp in the summer, working and then going to his camp, so we just kind of slowly went camping.
    We still have the tent and all of the camping paraphanalia, but sleeping at home in our bed always wins out! :-)
    I hope you get to go camping! It's August already! Summer is quicky passing by! :-)

    ReplyDelete