Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mid-Week Update

I have been off work since noon on Friday. Yes, I know it is Wednesday night. What you don't know is this: I went to the "oral surgeon" on Monday for that little toothache I had. See, Dr. Combs decided that he couldn't pull it, and since he was sending me to an oral surgeon anyway, there were a couple OTHER teeth I needed to have taken out. Sounds easy, right? Go in, they stick a little needle in your arm, you go to sleep & when you wake up...ta-da...it's over & done with, right? WRONG! Because for starters, when I woke up - THEY WEREN'T DONE! Oh, and did I mention that he broke my jaw? Oh yes he did! And I am miserable. I have to go back on Friday afternoon for x-rays, because evidently, there is a high risk of infection. And, should an infection set in, he has to put me in the hospital, and they'll go in from the outside and take out the piece of jawbone he broke! It seems I didn't respond too well to the anesthesia, and he had a hard time keeping me "under". All I know is this...I am sick of hurting...I am sick of the pain pills (who'd have thunk it, right?), and I am sick of staying at home. So, I am going to try to go to work tomorrow! David has been his usual wonderful self. He's actually taken pretty good care of me. When they wheeled me out to him after the surgery & the Dr. wanted to talk to him the very first thing he said was..."Before you say anything, can you tell my why my wife is CRYING?" Evidently I was pretty emotional - ha! The doctor told him it was a side effect of the anesthesia...but I don't know if he believed him or not. One thing David can not stand is for me or one of the kids to be hurting and him not be able to fix it. So, when we left he did the only thing he felt like he could do to help...he stopped at Harps & ran in & bought EVERY package of Jello pudding they had! I kid you not. 43 four-packs of Jello! Then, he went to the pharmacy & picked up my meds, went through the drive thru at McDonald's & bought me a large vanilla shake, brought me in the house & set me up in HIS recliner! And, he's taken care of me ever since. He even stayed awake & woke me up every 4 hours the first night so I could take my pain medication, and wouldn't start hurting. I know I've said this before but I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. He's not even upset that I'm wasting my last week of vacation at work for this! Ha!

In other news....we found the RING! Yes! And it wasn't the way you're thinking. Yesterday I was laying in bed and Bam jumped up on the bed & laid down beside me. I could tell he had something in his mouth, so of course I went fishing for it & pulled out Eddy's deployment ring! I guess he didn't swallow it after all, but hid it somewhere instead & had just found it again! Makes me wonder where/what else that crazy dog of mine is hiding.

The kid's car is still at Toyota. They called yesterday & said they were NOT going to fix it under warranty & the kids needed to bring back the loaner car & come up with $4500 or come pick up their car. This afternoon Wendall (Des' dad) went with them to take the loaner car back & had a talk with them. It seems he's bought 8 cars from them & referred 23 people to them, and he had a few choice words for them & the way they do business there, especially with young kids that don't know what they're doing. Now, they are re-evaluating their decision, and will have another loaner car for the kids to pick up first thing in the morning. I think it was cool that he went with them & talked to them. David usually has to do all that kind of stuff, so I'm glad he jumped in to help this time.

And on a last note, the Brittni thing is still ongoing. David sent her a text telling her he loves her, I've talked to her a couple times...told her I loved her too. But - she is doing her own thing right now. I still believe she owes us an apology...and I'm sure she still believes she does not. David said we are just gonna leave it like it is, and not bring the subject up when we talk to her. She's got to sort things out on her own & I can't make her see things our way, no matter how hard I try. So I'll continue to do the only two things I know to do in circumstances like this, LOVE her, and pray for her.

Wish me luck at work tomorrow...it really hurts when I talk very much, so I don't know how long I'll make it, but at least I'll get out of the house & start to get back on track & back to normal. me

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...... if it really hurts when you talk - not sure you can do much good at work. I am so so sorry that you are having to go through this - I will pray for your speedy, non-infection recovery.
    Love you Sis -
    Char
    PS - please let me know if I can do anything to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have really been through it! AND to think that YOU thought you were only going to have one tooth pulled! I'll be praying that you recover from all of this quickly and, oh, but we are so blessed to have such caring husbands! I went through two hip-replacement surgeries in two months and my husband was wonderful, too!
    Oh, I loooove that the dog finally brought the ring to you!! Thank goodness it wasn't "the other way"! LOL

    ReplyDelete