Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Random Update

It's a rainy Tuesday here in Arkansas and there's much going on. To start with, Bam ate Eddy's deployment ring! Yes - he ate it. Eddy left his watch & ring on the coffee table in the living room when he went to bed Sunday night. Bam walked into our room & I noticed something silver hanging out of his mouth. When I called him over & opened his mouth, there was Eddy's watch! I immediately ran into the living room & looked on the coffee table & lo & behold - no ring! I broke the news to the kids yesterday morning. The first thing Dez said was, "Great! I still owe $300 on that ring!" Imagine their surprise when David informed them that if he can't "pass it", the surgery is $2800 to have it removed. Needless to say, Eddy will have "Poop Duty" when he gets back from Kansas this evening! HA!
Did I mention that my cell phone woke me up at 5:30 this morning? It was the kids. It seems they misplaced Eddy's discharge papers & they needed me to see if they were there at our house. Know what? They were. Yup, they drove all the way back to Kansas last night so Eddy could get discharged today...and left the DISCHARGE PAPERS at home in Arkansas. Great. Anyway, I faxed some stuff to him & it looks like he will be released at 2 today & will no longer be a soldier, just a civilian like the rest of us! :)
In other news...Brittni called this morning & said her & Jeramiah are officially over, and he was moving out as of that phone call. I don't guess I need to actually post on here that...well, let me just say I think it's for the best, and in Brittni's best interest. I think she deserves someone who will bring out the very best in her, and I'm not sure he did. But, as with all things, I had already put this in God's hands & gave it to him. And if this is His will, I just hope Brittni stays strong & I know she'll be okay.
As for me...I am back at work. No more trips to Cancun or holidays or vacation on the horizon, so I guess I better get to work! me

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I hope Bam "passes" the ring test!! LOL He will, I'm sure. It just may take a little while.
    I pray they are able to get all in order for your son's discharge!
    And I'm sorry to hear about your girl's difficulties but life just isn't always easy. Thankfully, she has you and her dad to help through this time and the Lord is always a very present help in time of need.
    Hope you're not TOO buried with all the stuff that seems to come at ya after vacay.
    Take care of you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete