Thursday, October 8, 2009

When LIFE Gets In The Way

So, I've been wanting to blog all about our little five day mini vacation in Stuttgart, the Wings Over The Prairie Festival (it's the Duck Dog Challenge event we entered Boogie in), all the wonderful fun we had while we were gone, etc. BUT - somehow, somewhere, LIFE managed to get in my way. David & I got back Sunday afternoon from our trip. I somehow managed to do ALL our laundry down at his Dad's BEFORE we got home, so when we got home I simply had to unpack & put everything up. Which I actually DID! :) We ordered pizza so I didn't have to cook, and relaxed & unwound. Then Monday it was off to work for me. (David has been laid off yet again, so he got to make another wonderful trip to the unemployment office). Then on Tuesday night, around 10:30 our phone rang. Anyone who knows us knows that we go to bed at our house EARLY - like 9pm. And we're usually sound asleep by 10. (It's just a bi-product of getting up at 5 a.m. every morning) So I knew that a ringing phone at that hour was bad news. It was his dad, calling to tell us Aunt Jessie passed away. Uncle Bob, her husband, died in August. It was very unexpected, and hard on all of us, but I think she just couldn't live without him. So with all the business that must be done when a loved one dies, and all the "drama" that seems to surround such an occasion in Stuttgart, poor David ended up asking me to throw some clothes in a bag while he loaded up the kennel & Boogie, and at midnight after many many phone calls, he headed out on the five hour drive down to the farm. I feel like I should be down there helping them make arrangements (Big David is the only one left, her children were notified, but will not be making the trip), but alas, I have to stay here & work. I took Dez to the airport yesterday, she's flying to Virginia to spend 4-5 days with Eddy! 7 months pregnant - yikes!!! So I am alone! ALL ALONE! But please don't feel too sorry for me, I love having control of the remote, watching all the silly girl stuff I want to on TV, and having hot dogs for dinner because I don't have to cook for anyone. I don't love: missing my walks with David each evening, sleeping alone, waking up alone, having no one to drink coffee with in the morning, or come home to in the evenings & tell about my day. But, I'll make the sacrifice. Big David could not handle everything alone down there. AND - it's only for a little while, I'll survive. I also have big plans to really clean the entire house, vacuum, dust, bathrooms, all that good stuff that drives me crazy not to do, IF I somehow manage a few hours home alone. With all this yucky rain coming down, and the forecast calling for rain for the next 100 years (or few days), I may just curl up on the couch & watch TV. Who knows, I might even get caught up on my blog, and post pictures & videos of our trip! We'll see. me

No comments:

Post a Comment