Friday, October 23, 2009

Hunting Indians & Loving Fall Weather

Friday is here again - yeah. And fall is definitely in the air. I love love love the fall colors, trees, the way it feels outside, yep, fall is for sure my favorite time of year. Until next season, and then WINTER will be my favorite, then spring, you get the picture. But today - TODAY it is cold, there's a rainy-drizzly kind of stuff falling, the trees are BEAUTIFUL, and the work week is almost over! Hallelujah! I haven't blogged this week because at home in the evening's we've been busy. David is trying to track down his people. Like how/where/when they came to America. Since he's not working, I've told you he's bored stiff. So he got the idea to start tracing his history. And boy have we been surprised by some things. Like for example: All his life he's been told he is Indian. That his dad's mom was full blood, which makes his dad 1/2, which makes him 1/4 ...which in turn, would make Eddy & Brittni 1/8! (Is that right? I'm not sure if I really know how to figure this Indian thing, but it made sense to me). Anyway, he's gone back - waaay back. To like Scotland, Ireland & Germany. Guess what? NO INDIAN! The internet is an amazing tool, isn't it? His dad is NOT very happy that all the stories he's told & been told in his life about his great grandpa being a big Indian chief isn't panning out. But - fear not. He's/we are not done yet. We are NOT giving up searching for Indians & such deeper in the family tree. Only God knows what we'll find out next. I'll keep ya posted. But for now, I guess I have a phone call or two to make. My kids think they're Indian too! HA! me

2 comments:

  1. WHAT?!?!?!? HOW. Is. That. Possible??? How does the internet know that we aren't? AND FYI: the story goes that it's not documented because Grandma Allen didn't think she needed a piece of paper to say she's Cherokee. So... maybe it's true. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - my comment isn't showing up.
    I will try again.
    I am so glad that you decided to keep blogging!!!!!
    I love your stories!!!!@!
    This one better show up - it's my THIRD try!!!!!

    ReplyDelete