Monday, October 26, 2009

Haunted Houses & Deer

Happy Monday! Yes we survived another weekend. And this past one was more eventful than usual, so I've actually got stuff to share today. Saturday morning - Nope - didn't get to sleep in. (Why is it that I talk about sleeping ALL the time?). We woke up at 6am, I fixed breakfast, then David convinced me that we just had to sign up to Ancestry.com. And we did. And for the next 8 or more hours, we researched his family tree. He's trying to get his brother Jeff involved in this too. So we invited them up for dinner Saturday night. After dinner, out of the blue, David suggested that we all pile up & go to the haunted house that's by my office. So the six of us all hopped into Diane's trusty mini-van & it was off to Bella Vista to visit the ghosts. I don't know if I mentioned that my niece & nephew are VERY young. And I was worried that this would be waay to scary for them (and me) I am NOT a fan of haunted houses. I like the IDEA of going, but I don't actually like to be scared at all. The line was unbelievable. And - it cost $12 per person. But - we were all determined to wait. And it was worth it. The bus ride alone was awesome. They have you load up on a bus & there's a big screen TV in the back, they show parts of Jeepers Creepers & sling you around in the bus. It was pretty cool. The haunted house part was too, the part I actually saw. I kept my eyes closed as much as I could. David promised that if I'd just go, he'd hold on to me the whole time. He L.I.E.D.!!! For started, there was only enough room to go through single file. And he had Thomas in front of him, leading the way. I held on to his belt loop when I could, but man-I was kinda freaked out. When it was all said & done, yes I was glad I braved it & could say that I went. Then, on the way home we were on Central St. & a deep jumped right out in front of us! I screamed "Deer" but it was too late. We hit it. Poor Diane was really upset, but David just hollered, pull over, back up, pull over. So we did & he drug it out of the road & we went home & him & Jeff went back & picked it up. I made a call to the police dept. to see what we needed to do, they had me call Arkansas Game & Fish to report it (at 2 in the morning!) and they said it was fine for the boys to keep it & clean it. Needless to say, Jeff & Diane & kids spent the night. We didn't go to bed until 5 a.m. We were all so tired, we didn't get up until after 9. But - when we did get up Jeff & I fixed biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs & fresh fried venison back strap! Then David did his best to fix the van enough so that they could at least drive it home. All in all it was a pretty good weekend. And so far, no nightmares from the haunted house! Maybe I'm not as big of a baby as everyone thought! me

No comments:

Post a Comment