Friday, October 30, 2009

The Weekend is ALMOST Here!

Guess what? It's Friday! Yeah! Tomorrow morning we are going to wake up & head to the horse races. David is working security there. I can't wait. Don't know what I'm gonna do there, not sure how to "bet" on a horse, but I've never been to a horse race so I'm expecting it to be lots of fun! It's always great to see our friends Alex & Yolanda. We just don't get to spend as much time with them as we'd like to. Then of course tomorrow night all the little ghosts & goblins will (hopefully) come out of the woodwork & ring my doorbell & yell Trick or Treat! This is the one time each year that I really REALLY wish I had a glass storm door, or at least glass window panes on our front door. I get so excited when the doorbell rings & so flustered, I don't pay enough attention to the cute little ones in their costumes. Then it's all over, and in my mind it's just a blur. That's the first thing I said & thought about when we moved to a subdivision (or house orchard as David likes to call it)-I'll finally have trick or treaters! When we lived in Prairie Grove we lived waaay out in the country, same thing when we lived in Missouri. We still don't have very many, but I'm hoping this year we'll have more. Now next year, NEXT year, I'll have a little grand baby. And if Hunter & his mommy & daddy still live in Fort Riley, KS, you can better believe me & David will be Trick or Treating THEM up there! Ha! But, a lot can happen in 12 months time, so we'll just have to wait & see. Happy Halloween! me

No comments:

Post a Comment