Friday, August 21, 2009

Still Thinking About Eddy....

So....like I said earlier, I am missing my Eddy terribly today. And because I'm missing him, I'm also thinking about his next trip home. Which is actually only 2 weeks from tomorrow. He gets "Gold Status" which means he can leave base & do whatever he wants for the weekend, and since that following Monday is Labor Day, he's free that day too! So he doesn't have to be back in Virginia until Tuesday. That gives us 3 whole days to spend with him. Three days sounds like plenty of time to get all the hugs & love in I can....except - we have a VERY large family, and so does his wife. And EVERYBODY, and I do mean EVERYBODY wants to get to see Eddy this time. And everyone lives in different cities scattered across NWA...so they'd spend his entire time home in the car driving around to see all the different Nee Nee's & Papa's & Grammie's and Grandma's, aunts & uncles, cousins, etc. Not to mention his in-laws. So Desiree' & I came up with a plan. We picked one day (Sunday before Labor Day), and we've invited EVERYONE to our house. Can you say "stress me out please?" I'm talking 30 plus people....at-our-house. At first I thought we'd just do kind of a "drop-in" & visit deal. You know, everybody's welcome from noon to say 6 or 7 pm. Oh, and everybody bring a dish, cuz I don't want to try cook & feed & do dishes for 30 some odd people. Then I realized if the meat came at 2 & the dessert at noon, and the potatoe salad at 4... a drop-in party is not gonna work. Oh, and Eddy has a few requests for his Nee Nee's, he wants Nee Nee Debby to bring lasagna, and his Nee Nee Brenda to make him an apple pie. And Dez wants her dad to fry a turkey, and my sister offered to do a brisket (I'm rambling here, I know , I know...sorry) Anyhoo, the menu planning -or lack of -has my head spinning. So that is on my to do list for this weekend. Sit down with Dez & figure out what we're gonna have everyone bring, so that together, it resembles some type of the good ol southern home cookin the Army doesn't provide Eddy with. Did I mention I have no idea how we're gonna squish all that family at the dining room table? Oh well, that'll all work itself out in the wash. All that matters is that God's giving us an opportunity to spend good quality time with family. And what more can I ask for than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment