Thursday, August 20, 2009

Feeling much better about the day....David got sent home from work due to the rain, so at lunch I made a run to the border & brought him some crunchy tacos home. Spending just that little half hour with him has brightened my day! He almost always brings out the very best in me. This past June was our 22nd wedding anniversary. Depending on my mood, sometimes it feels like we've been together waaay longer than that, and other times...I can't believe it's been that long. Time certainly flies when you're having fun...and raising babies, and living life. But - technically, we've been together since I was 13 & he was 14, SO - we've definatley spent the majority of our lives together. David is my soulmate, my best friend, my better half and my cohort in crime! I can't imagine my life without him & and happy to say, until God brings him home, I won't have to! We have dedicated our lives to each other. Our children are young adults now, we've raised them the best we knew how, and we find ourselves more & more in the company of just each other. (And the other love of his life, his trusty duck-dog Boogie). I read about empty nesters that find themselves unfamiliar with each other once the kids have gone, they have nothing in common & don't even know each other anymore...somewhere in the craziness of life they've grown apart. And it makes me sad. Because with me & David, well, this is a brand new chapter of our lives. We have so much we want to do. And THANK GOD-we want to do it TOGETHER! Yes, there is a big part of me that misses both our kids living at home, going to school, the crazy schedules of football & softball games & practices, homework, etc. (And that's a whole other post in itself). But if I just step back, and take a good look at my life, and am totally 100% honest with myself....I love where we are right now, this phase of our lives & our marriage, our relationship. And ya know what? I can't wait to see what's next! me

No comments:

Post a Comment