Thursday, September 1, 2011

He may be coming home!

So I think my husband may be coming home this weekend! I would like to be more certain about it, but for whatever reason, I am not. I know that a lot is going on down there right now. Irma (Big David's live-in & my David's half-sister's mom) may be leaving Saturday. If that happens, my David wants to be down there to be with his dad and get him settled & adjusted to being by himself. I think deep down, we'd all feel better if maybe she stayed, so Big David wouldn't be alone right now. We all have our differences with her, but alas it is not our decision, and what will be - will be. Anyway, that's been my David's struggle. Can he come home & KNOW that his dad will be all right? Will he follow doctor's orders & take it easy? Will he ask for help if he needs it & not try do everything on his own like he's used to? Whatever David decides to do this weekend, come home, or stay another week, I will support him. I trust him, and know he'll do what needs to be done.
But - because he MAY be coming home, I am in "prepare" mode. I have one day of vacation left I have to take by Wednesday, or I will lose it. I am happy to say that I am off work tomorrow! And boy do I have plans! Shampoo the carpets, go to the grocery store & stock the pantry & fridge back up (have I mentioned I don't buy groceries & cook when David is gone?), clean the house, get my laundry done (I'm sure David will bring home a couple loads for me to do). He's been gone so long I just want everything to be perfect! I also want to make a trip to Hobby Lobby in Rogers because Desiree told me they have a bunch of duck stuff & I am trying to decorate the house some more, and keep with mine & David's taste. I also bought some really neat duck pictures at the sale the last time I was in Stuttgart & I want to get them hung before he comes home.
Eddy & Dez & Hunter came up last night & we got the garage cleaned back up like it was before David left. So I even have the kids helping me!
I also need to make a trip to Missouri to stock up on Corona's. I miss our daily ritual of having a beer together each afternoon when we get home from work & talking about our day.
Anyhoo, I have a lot to do - plus I need to get to work...so til next time..............me

No comments:

Post a Comment