Saturday, September 3, 2011

Finished!

Guess what? It's all DONE! Well most of it anyway. You may remember that I took my last vacation day yesterday so I wouldn't lose it. (As of this Wednesday- I am back up to 3 full weeks of vacation that must be taken by next Sept 7th). Anyway, my plan was to get up early as usual & shampoo the carpets & really really clean the house! I make "plans" like that all the time. This time? I actually did it! The ONLY thing I have left to do is fold & put away a load of whites I have in the dryer. And it feels SO good. The house smells wonderful, I re-did the stuff I have on the mantle. I dusted all the pictures & frames in the house, cleaned off the top of the fridge, the list just goes on & on. And I am so proud of myself. I feel so much more settled, more organized, more able to relax!
This morning, I am having my coffee & waking up, then I am going to hit some garage sales. I am waiting to hear back from David to see if he really can come home. Irma's kids (who have supposed to be there since Wed), are now supposed to show up around eight to help her move out. I just asked him what he would do if they didn't show up & he said....wait - and see what's going to happen. I realize he doesn't want his dad to have to deal with all the drama by himself, but I sure am ready for my husband to come home!
Brenda called yesterday & invited us to a Labor Day cookout tomorrow. Uncle Lynn & Diane, Aunt Cathy, Aunt Shirley & Uncle Tommy, Diane & the kids, Dwayne....they are all going to be there. We're gonna grill hamburgers & make home made ice cream & just enjoy family time together & I can't wait. Hopefully I'll get ambitious enough to make deviled eggs to take. My friend Terri bought me "Eggies" (those things on TV that's supposed to make boiling eggs a snap) so I'm anxious to give them a try. Plus, I've told David when he finds out if he's really coming home, I have to make a trip to the grocery store. I haven't really bought groceries in the month he's been gone. Just a gallon of milk or loaf of bread here & there. I really need to stock up.
Well, that's about all I've got this morning...til next time....me

No comments:

Post a Comment