Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What's Happening

I know the title to this post is the same as a TV sitcom from many years ago, but ya know what? Sometimes my LIFE feels like a TV sitcom from many years ago! Ha!
This is "what's happening" in our little corner of the world:
Eddy & Des got an apartment today in Fayetteville! Yes, they are moving out! And as sad and emotional as I am about it all, I know it is for the best. You can't have 2 Kings & 2 Queens living in one castle, right? Or...no house is big enough for two families...man I am just full of neat little sayings today, aren't I? All in all, it is a good thing. They got used to living on their own when they were in Kansas, and I think they are missing that now that they are home. And honestly, Fayetteville isn't too far away. David & I both just wish them the best of luck and of course, will be here if they need us. I think I'm going to miss Hunter the most of course. I have to keep reminding myself that this is what married couples do, they strike out on their own. And that was the plan all along. I can't help it that I secretly prayed they'd just live with us FOREVER!
Brittni is settling back in to college life just fine. She came over Saturday night & we ordered all (most) of her books. I asked her on the phone the other day if she was back in the swing of being a college student yet. Know what she said? "Mama, I am a MUCH better college student than I am a Subway manager!" Ahhhh, now THAT'S what I like to hear!
David, Eddy, Hunter & I made a trek out to Elkins last night & David purchased another truck. I say another, because I don't think I posted about the '97 Dodge he bought last week for $1500, and turned around & sold it 2 days later for $4000! I LOVE CRAIGSLIST! The vehicle he bought last night is a funky looking little thing. It's a 4WD Mitsubishi that used to be a Montero SUV but is now a pickup truck! Yup, that's what I said. He got it for $900, and he can't wait to camo it out & head down to Stuttgart with it. You'll be able to recognize me sitting in the passenger side by....well, you'll recognize me no matter what, cuz of all the camo, and not to mention there is no such thing as a Mitsubishi Montero pickup! David of course is still on the look out for a little car for Brittni for school. She is getting pretty impatient sitting back watching David go buy all these "toys" as she calls them, while she's driving the blazer back & forth to Fayetteville & the Highlands. I just have to keep reminding her that it's not so bad. Her daddy is furnishing her a vehicle to get back & forth to school & work, no payments, he pays the insurance, buys her books, and furnishes her with some extra gas money every week....poor girl, she's really got it hard ;-)!
As for me, well, I feel like I am in a total state of chaos. Work is the same. Too much noise, can't concentrate, my head is NOT in it right now (obviously, I am blogging instead of making calls), and I can't seem to reel myself in. I know the answer is simple - let it all go & pray. I've got the praying part down, it's the "letting it all go" that is my hurdle. AND, I somehow got behind on the laundry & housekeeping so it's a total disaster, and everyone who knows me knows I'm not "settled" and in order, if my house is unsettled & out of order. Tonight is David's late night to leave - 10:30. It's hard on me if I stay up at that point to get it all done. Tomorrow night might be easier. Hmmmm....procrastination....you are my friend! me

No comments:

Post a Comment