Thursday, September 30, 2010

An "almost" Heart Attack!

I have been neglecting my blog again, but this time it's for good reason. You see, Tuesday before last David had a doctor's appointment. It was just supposed to be a diabetes check-up. But when we got there, his blood pressure was up...WAAAAY up. Dr. Earl asked him if he'd been feeling ok lately, and when he mentioned he'd had a little trouble breathing, a little tightness in his chest, and his doctor then gave us the option of calling an ambulance, or driving ourselves straight to the emergency room! I can't even begin to describe my thoughts and emotions as we drove to the hospital. I was gripped by fear. So even though we were told that he would just have a stress test, and be out of there by early afternoon....we spent the next FOUR DAYS in the hospital! And 2 stress tests & a heart cath later, he is home. They found 10-20% blockage, but said that for his age & all his risk factors, that was pretty good, and they would treat it with medicine. We were however ordered to quit smoking, exercise & lose some weight. So on Monday, we will be starting Chantix. Pray for both of us please! I know that if I don't quit with him, he will never be able to quit on his own. It's just too much temptation.

They released David at 3pm on that Friday....his dad had been going crazy with worry, so about lunchtime, he headed this way. I had exactly one hour to get my house in "company shape"...and let me tell you, if I had the energy to speed clean my house all the time, that's the only way to go! You'd be amazed what all I can get done when it's down to the wire! We had a good weekend with them, but David was sent home to rest, and he didn't do any of that til late Sunday morning when his dad left to go back home. And that is what we did - both of us-REST! There's another excuse as to why I've not been blogging. So that's a little glimpse into the Allen's World...til next time - me

1 comment:

  1. Girrrlllll!!!!! Why didn't you tell me???? Oh my goodness - glad that David is ok - well sort of ok. I will be praying for both of you - those cigarettes have got to go! Oh gee... I have been harping at you about those darn cigarettes for a long time. Love you - Char

    ReplyDelete