Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Catching Up...and some funny pics!











Wow - what a week, or day, or month, or year, or whatever! It feels like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off! (That may be an Arkansas saying, but bear with me here!). Lots of stuff is going on in The Allen's World. Nothing really of much significance, just a lot of running. For instance, Eddy & Hunter came up Friday evening, about a 1/2 hour before David had to leave for work. In that half hour, they found a pair of waders on Craigslist for Eddy (waders are necessary for duck hunting & Eddy didn't have a pair yet-David had promised to buy him some and they are about $300-$400 new). These came with yet another bag of duck decoys for the low low price of $115. So Eddy & I drove down to Fayetteville & picked them up. Then we went by his new apartment so I could see it & he could try out the waders in his swimming pool at midnight! Good thing it's a college town & nobody thought he was too crazy(I'll be posting pics too). So it was well after midnite when he got me back home & I got in bed. Saturday evening I went down to my grandma's & Aunt Bev's & visited a little bit, and vacuumed & stuff. I didn't feel like I got much done for them, but grandma & Bev both appreciate anything I do, no matter how small it seems to me. Plus, I like the excuse to go down & help - cuz I get to spend time with them both. Grandma's surgery is still on for Monday, so please keep her & Bev in your prayers. It's a miracle that she's getting to have this done. Just a few months ago, they sent her home on hospice, and things didn't look good. After I left there I went by Eddy & Dez's to play with Hunter man. I ended up getting to take him home with me & he spent his very first night all alone with me. I have GOT to get a few baby things at the house, the kids took their stuff with them, so I have NOTHING but a few toys. Des offered to let me take the playpen home for the night but nooooo, I didn't think I would need it - WRONG. Anyway, lesson learned & I will be better prepared next time. Sunday Eddy came up & spent the afternoon with us & Brittni came over to borrow the Rainbow. She has to shampoo her carpets & get her apartment ready cuz they are moving out in October & MOVING IN WITH US for a little while! I'm SO excited. She turned in her resignation at Subway - they were NOT treating her right. She's got an application in at Transplace where David works. She can work two 12 hour shifts on the weekend & make almost as much as she did working a full week at Subway, and she won't be on call & have all that extra stress of being a manager. Who knows, maybe she'll love it so much at our house she won't leave until after she graduates college. I know she could focus so much more if she didn't have so much to worry about, but I have to leave that to her. Monday morning David & I woke up at 5 & spent the morning together having our coffee & just hanging out before I had to go to work. That evening we had dinner at Eddy & Des's & it was so nice. We stopped by Academy on the way down & David bought ANOTHER duck call. He has it BAD this year, and the season hasn't even started yet! Yesterday we woke up early again & he brought me to work. He picked me up for lunch & we went to the Orient Express II - I don't recommend it. It is not nearly as good as Mama Fu's. Then after work we made a trip to Macadoodles for cigarettes & Knob Hill. Seeing as how fall is in full swing, we had to make the switch from Corona's & lime juice (our summer time occasional treat) to Knob Hill whiskey & coke. Again, we are NOT heavy drinkers. It is more of a once or twice a month thing. And just one drink each. I am too old to be a drinker. We also bought our weekly Powerball tickets. The jackpot is up to $94 million & um, well, I think I could find something to do with it if we happen to win ha! Then we stopped by the grocery store & picked up a couple steaks & went to Redbox & got movies. We went home & I cooked the steaks on my new George Foreman Grill I got at the yard sale & we had baked potatoes, Texas toast & steak while we watched The Duck Commander & then our movies. Today is already crazy. Woke up & fixed David steak & eggs for breakfast...came to work, stopped at Fred's & picked up lunch (It is "meatloaf Wednesday and won't do that again, it was NOT good today), stopped & got gas on the way home, ate lunch, called & ordered some choke tubes or something duck related for David at lunch, dropped movies back off & now I am back at work. After work & have more errands to run & hopefully will have time to stop & get my hair cut. Whew! I am tired all over again just writing this stuff!




Oh - and one more thing. We found out today that Hunter is highly allergic to cow's milk & eggs, and has a slight allergy to peanuts! Really? What IS the baby going to eat? Well, I imagine we'll figure something out, but no more vanilla wafers, ice cream, biscuits & gravy - wait, WHO would feed a baby that? Me that's who!




Enjoy the pics.....








1 comment:

  1. I would feed little Hunter that stuff, too! I'm so sorry to hear about his food allergies. I'll be praying that you all can make the adjustments for him without too much difficulty!
    You have been busy! Whew! :-)

    ReplyDelete