Sunday, October 10, 2010

Catching Up

There is so much stuff going on here at home. Brittni & Jeramiah are moving in as we speak. She quit her job at Subway (thank God), and has an application in at David's work. If she gets the job she'll work 2 twelve hour shifts over the weekend, and make more than if she worked a whole week at Subway. This will give her time for her studies.
Eddy starts on nights, tonight. He will work the days David is off, so the father-son time they've been enjoying these past few months will have to be put on hold. Hopefully he'll get moved to days soon, but for the next two weeks at least, we won't get to see him.
Last weekend we went to the Duck Dog Challenge in Stuttgart! We had SO much fun. Eddy ran Bam in the competition! He did really really good, except when he brought the first bumper back, he ran right past Eddy & brought it to David up in the stands! We couldn't believe it. But hey, at least Bam knows who his master is!
Next, David ran Boogie. I'll never be able to put this in writing the way David tells the story, but let me just start off by saying that "technically" Boogie won first place. She was docked 3 seconds for not getting in the ground blind. Then David sent her. She took off & broke a land speed record getting her first bumper. Everyone in the stands was talking about the straight line she ran & how fast she was. Then David sent her for her second bumper & she went right to it. She brought it back so fast I KNEW we had first place. Then, just six inches before the line to stop the time...she stopped - and squatted & took a dump!!! I kid you not. The guy with the stopwatch stopped the time at 32 seconds....then had to restart it until she finished & got back over the line. So it was 41 seconds. First place???33 seconds. And they weren't docked 3 seconds for not going into the blind! So we came away with 3rd place. I thought David was going to DIE! I am still SO proud of both of our dogs. David has been helping a friend that has a 1 year old lab, and I went Friday & watched them work him. Let me tell you, both our dogs are really, really GOOD dogs. And very advanced. David & I both said if either of our dogs acted like that other one, we'd have already gotten rid of them - ha! Anyway, I know how much time & effort David puts in training our two, and that's why they are as good as they are.
Des send me a picture message today & Hunter fell on their entertainment center & cracked his head! It looks so pitiful, but it didn't bust it open, so it didn't bleed. I hate it when stuff like that happens, but I also know that with a toddler, it's going to.
That's about all I've got for now. Our contest at work ends on Thursday, so I'm 3 sales away from $1000!!! Wish me luck! me

No comments:

Post a Comment