Friday, October 22, 2010

It's Friday...again

It's been a little bit crazy in "The Allen's World" this past week with David working straight through, Brittni starting her new job & me trying to keep up with it all. There has been one bright spot in it all though, since Eddy is working nights, Des has been bringing Hunter up to see me and she & I have had lots of time to visit. She brought him up Sunday & Monday night, then again on Wed. When she came on Wed. she brought Jack, the five year old that she's been watching this week. Whew! What a bundle of energy. I forgot how active & curious they can be at that age. And the funny part was he decided he'd just call me "grandma". At one point he was laying on the couch watching TV & he kept saying 'grandma, grandma, grandma'...it took me a minute to realize he was talking to me! Anyway it was a lot of fun. Hunter loves playing with the big kids. He is just so stinking adorable. I know I may be a little biased, however, I am pretty sure he is THE most adorable, cutest, smartest, most amazing boy in the world! HA! He's supposed to be coming to my office later this afternoon for a visit. The girls won't even recognize him - he's grown that much!

Halloween is just a week away. I LOVE handing out candy to the trick or treaters. Hopefully I'll have a lot more this year, since so many families have moved into our neighborhood. It doesn't really matter how many kids I have show up though, since this year, I'll have an extra special goblin...Hunter Man! The kids bought him a monkey suit & I think Desiree is going to be a tree. I don't know how much actual trick or treating they will get done since every set of grandparents is expecting a visit from them, but that's ok. He doesn't need candy anyway. I want to find a big plastic pumpkin & fill it up with things he CAN eat, and maybe a few toys too! I just want his very first Halloween to be extra special.

I'm still suffering from PCB (post contest burnout). I did get 4 in this week though, so that was good. What's bad is that I don't have anything built up for next week. I guess I'll have to buckle down Tuesday when we get back from our sales meeting. It is in Branson this year, at Big Cedar Lodge. We'll be leaving at noon on Sunday, and should be back at the office by 7 on Monday night. I've been working all week to get everything done at home so that all David will have to do is go to work Sunday evening, then come home and go to bed. I'm going to put a crock pot of beans on Saturday evening, then making some cornbread so that the kids & him won't have to cook. After work today I have to make a run to Wally World & get dog food and a ton of other stuff so they won't run out of anything while I'm out of town. I love my family & taking care of them, it's what I do best, and I HATE HATE HATE having to go out of town for even one night for work. But - it is what it is, I have to be there (hopefully to get Top Salesperson of the Year award again), and at least it's just for a day and a half, and not 3 or 4 days, like they've done in the past. And...when I get back on Monday, David is off for 2 days! I can't wait to get to spend a little bit of quality time with him. I've missed him SO much these past 10 days. With his over time stint, and my sales meeting over, it'll soon be time to move into "duck mode". He's been working really really hard with Bam & Boogie, getting them all geared up for this season. I'm not sure how much he's going to get to hunt this year with his job. I know he can't take any vacation time from now until after the first of the year. But what I see in our future is this....he gets off at 7am on Sundays, he'll head straight from there to Stuttgart & hunt Sunday evening, all day Monday, Tues morning & afternoon, then head back home that night. And believe me when I say....this will go on all season! But hey, it's what he LOVES! And who knows, maybe I'll take some of my vacation time & go with him. He does need a camera man after all! me

No comments:

Post a Comment