Thursday, February 25, 2010

Still busy

It's still full-on at our house right now, and I am still loving it! We did babysit Hunter Monday night while the kids went out. And I am out of practice! But it was still SO much fun. To be honest, Hunter man was a little fussy (okay, a LOT fussy), but David says most of it's my fault since I spoil him by holding and rocking him all the time. Tuesday night the kids were gone so David and I made a trip to the Pinnacle Mall. We had to go to Pet Smart to get a name tag for Bam, and a few other things. Then we went to Payless, cuz I needed some new work shoes. Then we came home & ordered Pizza Hut & watched American Idol. David & I both had eye appointments yesterday at noon. So he picked me up from work & we headed to TSO. Since we were a little early, I talked him into going over to the new Goodwill store they've opened in Bentonville. I'd never been in one before, so I wanted to see what it was all about. It is VERY big, and extremely organized in there. I even found a framed duck print for just $4! The good thing is, now I know a great place to donate unwanted items from our house, and know it'll go to good use! Then we went across the road & had our eyes checked. I am NOT a fan of the doctor there. Especially since he had no problem at all telling me, well, when women get to your age, the eyes just aren't what they used to be. And it'll go downhill from here. I asked him what age? And he said, "in their forty's". I probably sounded a little hateful when I snapped back "I turned 40 last month!" Long story short, I picked out a pair of bi-focals! I've never worn glasses before, and now I need to wear them all the time! Afterwards, I dropped David off at home (they had to dilate his eyes & he couldn't drive) and went back to work for a couple hours. Even though the kids weren't gonna be home for dinner, we still needed to go to the grocery store when I got back home. As we were walking out the door, the phone rang, and it was Transplace! They wanted David to go down & take a drug test! You want to know what's even better? He had an interview at Pam today too. So, it looks like he may get to choose which job to take. God is good! Last night was American Idol again & tonight's the first elimination. Love that show! David had a lot of running around to do today, but he did pick me up & take me to lunch at Octavio's. (We've been keeping them in business lately - turns out, David knows the owner there, from when we were kids!). Lastly, after much, MUCH, much drama & stress today, I hit my 30 for the sales contest at work! Have I mentioned God is great? Til next time, me

No comments:

Post a Comment